JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, you're saying that the opinions and observations of someone who has performed thousands of autopsies on actual gunshot victims is as relevant as one single incident you found on the internet?

OK...

Isn't what you posted just something you found on the internet?

I have a 9mm and a .40 and I like both of them for different reasons.

I just thought that some people would be interested in hearing from someone who is a former cop, reloader, and gun enthusiast who is now an ME and has performed thousands of autopsies on actual gunshot victims by various calibers.

It's fascinating and extremely relevant information that someone actually interested in knowing the truth and who is open-minded enough to accept new information would appreciate. I know I did.

Every argument and rant has been made in the original link I provided.

I see no point in further refuting or defending points here that have already been addressed.

And if we lived in Mexico we would not have the option of owning a 9mm, 40, or 45 pistol. So if anyone has not donated to a pro 2A organization recently, consider sending $10 or $20 their way.

I find it humorous that folks continually repeat that pistols are poor at stopping people. I watch and read a lot on the subject. In about 90% of cases I've seen or read, pistols immediately stop a person from doing something they were doing, and in a large % the person is either dead or incapacitated in the initial volley, and the rest of the cases the person generally retreats (runs away).

Turns out pistols are remarkably great at stopping people, whether making them flee or drop due to incapacitating injuries.

As to people surviving multiple gunshot wounds; what caliber was Alex Murphy shot with? (hint: .40S&W didn't exist yet.) This is undeniable, factual evidence of the superiority of the .40S&W.

I don't think it's ever been established what caliber his later sidearm was (in his leg holster), but it wiped out the bad guys effectively so one can reasonable assume it was a forty.

;)

So, you're saying that the opinions and observations of someone who has performed thousands of autopsies on actual gunshot victims is as relevant as one single incident you found on the internet?

OK...

So your found internet guy, Deadmeat2, has more viable opinion than Urey Patrick or Dr. Gary K. Roberts, got it. :rolleyes:

OP here, post not intended as a 9mm vrs. debate, but hay its a forum on the interweb so here we are.

i personally like 40 s&w when shooting a dualling tree that a friend made. it flips the target even on a bad hit. 9mm will too but sometimes only flips it about half way. kinda funny, my 45 will flip it so hard that it flips back LOL.

i dont like debating calibers. people like what people like and thats it, for me. i couldnt decide what i liked best so i bought atleast 1 in each of those 3 calibers :D.

however, 45 is my favorite to reload out of those 3. easier for me to grab the case and install it into my press. its also easier to sort when you get back from the range and you have 9 40 and 45 brass all in one bag lol

Hmmmm small primer or large primer..... wrong range pick up can be an issue!

I do agree to pull 9mm out of 40 cases suck. Sometimes you get the perfect stack 9mm in a 40 in a 45 case.

I love the .40 S&W, once fired brass is dirt cheap and available everywhere used brass is sold. Its way easier for me to reload, with 9mm I fumble a lot and drop a lot of brass around me because they are so small. .40 S&W is plenty accurate, I mostly load 165gr plated rounds to about 950-1000fps, they shoot real nice. My only complaint is that the .40 projectiles cost almost the same as .45 or .44's

I love the 165grn extreme rounds! That's my go too sub load. I let the case feeder load them in the press so small cases or not, not to bad. :D

So your found internet guy, Deadmeat2, has more viable opinion than Urey Patrick or Dr. Gary K. Roberts, got it. :rolleyes:

I always enjoy it when someone posts rather blunt and definitive statements with very little to back it up and yet they stick to their guns over and over again. Gotta admire that really.

40s&w is the best cartridge for handguns.

Nothing out there better than it.

Hides :p

237iuk.jpg

As to people surviving multiple gunshot wounds; what caliber was Alex Murphy shot with? (hint: .40S&W didn't exist yet.) This is undeniable, factual evidence of the superiority of the .40S&W.

I don't think it's ever been established what caliber his later sidearm was (in his leg holster), but it wiped out the bad guys effectively so one can reasonable assume it was a forty.

;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads