JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I have not exactly jumped on the Tavor bandwagon however I did buy one. I still think its a ugly thing but there are a lot of plus's and I didn't buy the thing to look at.

I am wondering about the conversion kits? I have a AAC Ti-Rant in ATF jail and it seems like the combo of a can and short rifle shooting a handgun cartridge would be a lot of fun.

I really dont like the idea of spending $900 on a pile of parts that is not a gun but I am not sure I would want to spend $1800 on a dedicated 9MM version either.

Anyone done it? How long does it take to swap out the parts? Is it something you could do at the range while you are playing?

I fell in love with the Tavor only after converting to 9mm. Suppressed is a hoot.
The swap out is very fast after you have done it a time or two. You don't need special tools so you could swap at the range if that's what you really wanted to do.

I have been unable to find a single subsonic load that it just doesn't eat up, and it then reliably locks the bolt back when empty. I have been amazed at how recipes that simply will not run in anything else, the Tavor eats without fail.

The only down side is the blowback in your face while shooting suppressed, can be awful, depending on the powder. My current subsonic work up has no worse blowback that any other host and is accurate as stink. I would grab a 7.62x39 AR first, and the Tavor 9mm second, if limited to two rifles. If it's quiet work, than the Tavor 9mm comes first.

Last Edited:
I fell in love with the Tavor only after converting to 9mm. Suppressed is a hoot.
The swap out is very fast after you have done it a time or two. You don't need special tools so you could swap at the range if that's what you really wanted to do.

I have been unable to find a single subsonic load that it just doesn't eat up, and it then reliably locks the bolt back when empty. I have been amazed at how recipes that simply will not run in anything else, the Tavor eats without fail.

The only down side is the blowback in your face while shooting suppressed, can be awful, depending on the powder. My current subsonic work up has no worse blowback that any other host and is accurate as stink. I would grab a 7.62x39 AR first, and the Tavor 9mm second, if limited to two rifles. If it's quiet work, than the Tavor 9mm comes first.

Hi,
Is it as equally reliable with standard loads? No bullet weight preferences?
Have a thing for 9mm carbines as well. Not ready to go the can route yet but have thought about the 9mm conversion for my "ugly" gun. The $900 price tag does make me stop and think a little but if it works as good as you say it could be a great deal.
Thanks for your help,
John

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews