JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a 5.56 suppressor and .30 cal for my long range rifle. Both are steel cans custom made by Beaver Creek Armory.
I have an AR chambered in 9mm. I am looking for a can that can be used both on my AR and my Beretta 92.
The problem... most 9mm cans have a spring activated piston/booster while my other "rifle" suppressors do not. They simply screw onto the end of my rifle barrel and suppress the noise. The pistol suppressor seems to have internal parts that work the cycle of the pistol.
Why do I need this booster system and why will a simple rifle suppressor (chambered in 9mm) not work on a Beretta 92?

One thing I like about our Ti-Rant 9 is I can swap in out the booster and fixed "collar" to run it on both recoil operated firearms and those with fixed barrels. Though, I pretty much only run it on the latter types these days.

You will need a booster on the Beretta. It will not cycle unless you have a can under about 5-6 oz.
You can use various direct thread mounts on the AR that will screw into the booster. Once you get the booster, you can put a spacer in and take out the spring if you want to go from pistol to AR and not remove the booster.

Most of the 9mm suppressors are coming with the appropriate "Nielsen Device" nowadays. I know the Griffin Revolution 9 I ordered comes with one.

I want to warn you most 9mm suppressors are not designed for rifle use pressure wise. However, the silencerco omega 45k has a long list of calibers it is supposed to work with. I do not have direct experience with it yet. Waiting on a stamp.

Last Edited:
While having one can to do it all would be really cool, most of the research I did before buying my first can led me to believe that having a dedicated pistol can and a dedicated rifle can is the most optimal. While one can may be able to work across the board, it seems that rifle cans work best for their own use and vise versa. This goes for decibel ratings and the tone produced.

One thing you have to consider on using a pistol can rated for rifle use is barrel length restriction and the fact that getting the proper mounting systems for each will cost you as well. Then you have to swap out those mounts at the range rather than having one that's prepared to go for each.

I want to warn you most 9mm suppressors are not designed for rifle use pressure wise. However, the silencerco omega 45k has a long list of calibers it is supposed to work with. I do not have direct experience with it yet. Waiting on a stamp.
I use my 45K on both 9mm pistols (a bit fat for those) and 300 BO rifles and pistols. I also have a Chimera 300 that I'll use on rifles.

I have a 5.56 suppressor and .30 cal for my long range rifle. Both are steel cans custom made by Beaver Creek Armory.
I have an AR chambered in 9mm. I am looking for a can that can be used both on my AR and my Beretta 92.
The problem... most 9mm cans have a spring activated piston/booster while my other "rifle" suppressors do not. They simply screw onto the end of my rifle barrel and suppress the noise. The pistol suppressor seems to have internal parts that work the cycle of the pistol.
Why do I need this booster system and why will a simple rifle suppressor (chambered in 9mm) not work on a Beretta 92?

Why do you need a booster system? Because the added weight to the pistol will cause the handgun to not cycle fully and will cause malfunctions.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top