JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok seen the $400 a case prices for 9mm but $600, for STEEL case. Wow. Maybe the steel case is better and we just all assumed it was the cheap stuff all these years.

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 9.05.30 AM.png

I have bought a few things from J&G in the past, but recently noticed in their E-mailings that they're doing some serious gouging. I've unsubscribed from them. While some price increase due to low inventories is inevitable, this type of money grab isn't a good way to keep customers.

I have bought a few things from J&G in the past, but recently noticed in their E-mailings that they're doing some serious gouging. I've unsubscribed from them. While some price increase due to low inventories is inevitable, this type of money grab isn't a good way to keep customers.

They are mainly a wholesaler so they are prob tacking extra $ on top since their focus is to FFLs. I have no doubt they are down to just a few cases of that 9mm and put the crazy price on it to slow the sales down.

Glad im only offering 400. I better pull out some hst that must be close to 75 a box now

Probably close, lol. And if people are willing to pay it, that's up to them.

"I'll give you what you paid for it" is my favorite of the old time gun show crooks. I asked the guy once if he'd sell me his house for what he paid for it 20 years ago...the dumb look on his face turned even dumber....wanted to pay me less than what I paid for it because it was "used" then turn around and sell it for a $200 profit.

I guess people don't understand the basics of economics, supply and demand curves, price equilibrium, producer surplus and dead weight loss as well as price takers and price makers. I studied the stuff in undegrad and grad school so I always find it funny that people want to offer me what I paid for something long ago when I'm selling at a reasonable price.

I've seen cases of what I'm selling for $100 more PLUS shipping on gun broker.....

Supply and demand, I completely get it. But even at 40 cents a round for 9mm floors me. Buying a press last October makes me that much happier. Loading RMR 115's with Vihtavouri N320 at 12 cents a pop

They are mainly a wholesaler so they are prob tacking extra $ on top since their focus is to FFLs. I have no doubt they are down to just a few cases of that 9mm and put the crazy price on it to slow the sales down.

Most likely.

Looked just now, and they upped the price to $649.

9mm WPA (Wolf) FMJ 115gr Ammo, 1000rd Case.
5-59c
$649.00
Enter Quantity Desired:
Availability: (In Stock)

Most likely.

Looked just now, and they upped the price to $649.

9mm WPA (Wolf) FMJ 115gr Ammo, 1000rd Case.
5-59c
$649.00
Enter Quantity Desired:
Availability: (In Stock)

Wow. Must have sold a few more cases, so they crank up the last ones they have. Hay sell it for whatever the market will bear I get that part, but its the fact STEEL CASE 9mm going for that much! Wowsers.

I am really not surprised that most of the sellers on this site are gouging as well.
It's sad, not that these fellow forum members are making some extra dough, but
we as gun/shooting enthusiasts AGAIN didn't see it coming. I'm good on 9mm
and I load buckets of .223/5.56 so the shylocks won't get too much of my cash.

We as consumers just need to remember who they are.

I am really not surprised that most of the sellers on this site are gouging as well.

I have no issue with anyone selling a non-life sustaining product for a profit if the market will bear it. I think its great stores like Bi-Mart etc. continue to sell for non hyped up prices and just limiting what can be bought. If any market swings wild and I get caught without being prepared that's on me, not the market/people selling. For example, I like scotch. Scotch was hit with a 25% :eek: tariff in the US last Oct. and prices skyrocketed. I never laid 20 cases of Oban 14 in so I am stuck paying the new higher price if I want it buying it one bottle at a time. If scotch was the main priority for me, it's on me to have it and moderate consuming it knowing I have to pay the piper to buy more of it. Obama taught us Ammo can disappear overnight, at least me it did.

Supply and demand, I completely get it. But even at 40 cents a round for 9mm floors me. Buying a press last October makes me that much happier. Loading RMR 115's with Vihtavouri N320 at 12 cents a pop

I've been collecting brass when I go out, what's the situation with reloading components, did you have some on hand or are you able to get primers and bullets still? I'm considering getting a single stage press to get started, what other components are needed? A caliper? A scale to weigh the powder? My brass is dirty (I'm trying to sell it on here if anyone is interested....)

Do you own a house? Are you willing to sell it to me for what you paid for it despite it's value having gone up? Don't gouge me, just sell it to me for what you paid for it in this tight inventory hot market.....I bought two new rental properties in 2017 sight unseen because the market was so hot and competitive everything went pending within hours. I didn't tell them they were gouging me with the price and the multiple offer give us your highest and best offer routine. I just paid, because that is what the market was like and I needed to reinvest the money from another rental or pay capital gains tax.

Listing it for a price that people are willing to pay if they want it is more than fair as the value has gone up and buyers have a choice. In micro economics they are both price takers and price makers. If they want it bad enough they will pay the price and are price takers. If they stop buying they become price makers and prices drop because product isn't moving.

A lot of people claim they understand economics but I think most have zero formal education on the topic other than just "supply and demand" that they hear on the internet. So the say I get supply and demand but....but what? There is no but if you understand supply and demand.

There was a guy on here who asked everyone to stop buying ammo so he could go shooting. Ummm...ok, so why didn't you buy some before hand? I had a years worth of TP, sanitizer, ammo, long before covid and riots hit. It's called being prepared. So I don't have to pay $600 for a case of ammo I bought for $170 in January...

I sold two cases of ammo for almost $200 less than available on gun broker for the same ammo today to cut people a break. But I'm sure as hell not selling it for what I paid for it....

Reminds me of people who contact me to rent a house from me. The rent is 3K or 4K per month depending on the property. I get a few for each listing who are like, "I can only afford to pay $1,200" and I'm like, OK, then you can't afford it, try an apartment...like I'm supposed to give away money. My mortgage is twice that for even my cheapest property, with a 100K down payment. I'm not a charity...

Last Edited:
I don't really have a strong opinion, but I do know that if someone on here decided to let go of a couple cases of 9mm on the trader for pre-panic prices, you have to know that they would see it back up for sale in a day or two for double or triple. I sold what little factory ammo I had to a friend for cheap, but I wouldn't sell it on here for cheap.

I know I've told this story before, but this sort of thing always reminds me of a guy I knew. Quite a few years back during a panic (I forget which one, '08 I think), he had an extra AK rifle that he'd bought a few years before when they were cheap. They were now selling for triple and he had a work buddy who was constantly bugging him to sell it to him, at a good deal, a "buddy price". He finally relented and sold it for what he'd paid.

He found out a few days later that the guy had turned right around and sold it for triple. When he asked his now ex-friend about it, the guy didn't see any problem with what he did and couldn't understand why he was sore.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top