JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm loading some cast bullets in my 9mm lee mold # TL356-124-2R and I just finished figuring my C.O.L. and I had to go down to 1.045 before I could fully chamber and spin the dummy round I'm usually at around 1.1 w/ my JHPs, RNs and frangibles. I'm going to lighten up the load a little bit because of the seating depth but is this normal of the cast bullets in needing to seat them deeper? Just curious :huh: I'm gonna take some out tomorrow and see how they run I'm sure they'll be fine

It's not unusual. I see it a lot in 45 ACP 230 gr cast bullets. Looks like your bullets have
a pronounced step at the base of the nose--I call it a driving band.

If it has the band, you need to seat deep enough so that part of the bullet is pretty much
fluxh with the case mouth. If it sticks out beyond the case mouth it will hit the headspace
step in the chamber or possibly the rifling and keep the cartridge from seating fully in the chamber.

put 50 rounds down range this morning they ran flawless but a little hot just the way I like it 5.1grns power pistol and cci small pistol magnum primers

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top