JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the slide closes and it goes bang.:s0001:

You're golden.:s0023:

Not necessarily.

Nd9GcRDUZMdBOOXDxiG8sYEJoYaQAhlSl7XKejq6w&usqp=CAU.jpg

I've had a few 45acp over the years not fit exactly into the chamber gauge by some tiny .0001" while they do fit perfectly into the chamber. No one has ever 'splained that other than to start babbling about 'go-no go' etc & so on. I for one would like to learn the real explanation.

Simple answer is the chamber it larger than the case gauge.

When loading pistol match ammo I inspect any that fail the case guage for defects. Most of the time it is a burr on the case rim and will fit the gauge with a push. If there is nothing obvious they get thrown in the practice bucket. I only get a small amount of these, less than 2%. If you are getting more than this fail the guage you need to find out what is causing it, improper bullets, over/under crimping, bullet misalignment from improper bullet seater profile, lead shaving from lack of bell.

I'll just say in over 30 years of reloading pistol and rifle ammo I've never used or felt as though I "needed" a case gauge. I tailor the pistol cartridge to the pistol chamber or cylinder, and the rifle cartridge to the rifle chamber.

Your mileage may vary.

I've had a few 45acp over the years not fit exactly into the chamber gauge by some tiny .0001" while they do fit perfectly into the chamber. No one has ever 'splained that other than to start babbling about 'go-no go' etc & so on. I for one would like to learn the real explanation.
The chamber has more generous dimensions than that of the case gauge.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top