JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Somehow, inexplicably, I found a loose 9mm FMJ round at the bottom of the washing machine. I check all my pockets after every range trip, but I did just attend a high ammo expendeture pistol class. Somehow an unfired round got into the wash, but not the dryer (whew!). I set it aside to see how it goes downrange next time after being submerged. Should be fine...and very clean!

Somehow, inexplicably, I found a loose 9mm FMJ round at the bottom of the washing machine. I check all my pockets after every range trip, but I did just attend a high ammo expendeture pistol class. Somehow an unfired round got into the wash, but not the dryer (whew!). I set it aside to see how it goes downrange next time after being submerged. Should be fine...and very clean!
LONG ago Wife was watching a kid. He picked up some .45 ACP ammo I had rolled and tossed it in the toilet.
Kids.:mad:
No one knew he did this. Days later damn toilet is acting up and nothing will fix. I finally unbolt and take outside. Can hear something rattling. Using garden hose flushing from underside the ammo falls out. After it dried I took it to the range expecting it to not work or squib. Damn stuff went off and cycled just like the rest. since it was my home roll stuff it really surprised me.

Posted in another thread pics of a Ruger P-90 that had been left outside for at least three years, loaded. Saved the gun and took it to the range with the original ammo. Seven of the eight rounds fired just fine. Last one was a dud.

it should fire! i once found a couple of my 40s&w reloads on the willamette river bank. i found them after the water level dropped in the summer. must have been there for 5-6 months under water and in the rain. i thought "f-it" loaded them and they fired like new.

You should see what goes thru my washer and dryer:D I have an 8 year old in charge of laundry allot of times and its incredible what makes it clear thru to the dryer.
I have fun test firing it.:)

Nothing beats hot brass tumbling down your shirt be it pistol brass or M60 brass and links !
Always fun watching a tough hard bitten Sergeant yell : " OUCH! OUCH! F@#K S#@T!!" and do the "Hot Brass" dance. :D.
( not that I have ever done this :rolleyes: )
Andy

Nothing beats hot brass tumbling down your shirt be it pistol brass or M60 brass and links !
Always fun watching a tough hard bitten Sergeant yell : " OUCH! OUCH! F@#K S#@T!!" and do the "Hot Brass" dance. :D.
( not that I have ever done this :rolleyes: )
Andy
Worst one I ever had was hot brass somehow getting under my safety glasses and getting lodged between them and the skin at the corner of my eye. Pain city, and in the middle of the match. I guess I have a high tolerance for pain and ignored it until I was done. It left a nice burn mark.

Worst one I ever had was hot brass somehow getting under my safety glasses and getting lodged between them and the skin at the corner of my eye. Pain city, and in the middle of the match. I guess I have a high tolerance for pain and ignored it until I was done. It left a nice burn mark.
The same thing happened to me, with a spent 22 case ejected from a pistol. Left a neat little burn mark in the exact outline of a shell case beneath my right eye.
The only downside was that I had snuck off to the range during my lunch hour and couldn't hide the fact that I had been shirking my responsibilities in favor of some gunpowder assisted recreation!
"What? No honey, I SWEAR I was working hard all day!!" :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads