JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Poor? Hi-Point

Middle Class? Keltec Sub2000, Beretta carbine, Camp 9, Ruger police carbine.

Richy Rich? Tavor w/ 9mm conversion kit. Only about $2,600 (inc 9mm kit to release this month); sans suppressor of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is always the HK 94 or the new Sig MPX -c - haven't seen any of the MPX-Cs released in semi yet but they are supposed to be hitting the market - either way they are expensive options. You could also see if you can find an Uzi B sporter or regular UZI... or even the semi auto Suomi for $450ish - and you can pick up the 71 round suomi drum mags for $30

If you look really hard online, you an find NIB Vector Semi Uzis for $850 ish... Mags are pretty cheap, you can get a foregrip and full stock, lots of fun and a nicely assembled Uzi...... You can even get a .22 conversion kit......

My Camp 9 is great fun to shoot and not too expensive. It is very accurate at 50 yards and not bad even at 100 though you get some bullet drop! I replaced the recoil buffer right when I bought it but other than that it has been very reliable.

I've shot the Beretta CX4 storm a few times and it was pretty fun. Uses the 92FS mags. Promag makes extended mags for cheap. The CX4 is 100% ambi including the ejection port. I was blowing up spuds with hollow points and open sights without any problem. Haven't shot it past 50yrds but, it's another fun way to make empty 9mm brass.:gun09:

I have a CX4 and it is a blast!! It gets my vote for sure. I will have a sub 2k someday, if I can find one. Hi points shoot well, don't care for their mag situation though. Best option for you is to find one, any one, as all 9mm rifles are hard to find right now. Do your research and make your decision so you can make an informed purchase. All of the aforementioned carbines are pretty reliable, so it's hard to go wrong with any of them.

I also had a blast shooting CX4s. Wish I would have bought one a few years ago. I like how quick it is to change for leftys like me.

Had HiPoint 995, ugly gun, ugly trigger. Decently accurate. Very reliable. Never failed, goes bang anytime with anything I feed. Only time I use their super awesome no-question ask warranty is when i LOST a part switching stock. They send me the part for free and it arrive in less than a week. PERFECT Trunk gun.

Sold the 995 and got a Vector UZI, reliable, dirt cheap mag, surprisingly accurate. Heavy but hella fun to shoot. Burns through ammo super fast.
Ofcourse there is 9mm AR and CX4. You can't go wrong with either of them.

Taurus also have their CT G2 9mm carbine which looks like a pirated HK USC (kinda, but not quite)for about $700.
Master Piece have a funky 9mm carbine that looks like Mac10 and AR had a kid together, less than $600 from Atlantic Firearm. Life time warranty, too.
Oh, yeah, and the the American Tactical MKE which licensed copy of expensive HK MP5 for $1200.

Top tiers like HK, Tavor conversion, Vector MP5...... $2000+

If you can find one and remember that these were made in the "pre-combat ready plastic era" (in other words don't use modern solvents on the cheesy plastic end cap), I'm rather partial to the AT-9. It is NOT a combat gun, but it is a simple design and can take modified UZI mags.
View attachment 67680 The company isn't in business anymore, but there's a fair few of them around, they're cheap, and they shoot 9mm.

That looks like a fun toy.. That I must have!

If you can find one and remember that these were made in the "pre-combat ready plastic era" (in other words don't use modern solvents on the cheesy plastic end cap), I'm rather partial to the AT-9. It is NOT a combat gun, but it is a simple design and can take modified UZI mags.
View attachment 67680

The company isn't in business anymore, but there's a fair few of them around, they're cheap, and they shoot 9mm.

The few AT-9s I've ever seen for sale were all $500 and up. I had the .22lr version, and it was extremely unreliable. It looked awesome though.

My vote goes for the beretta storm. One of the most fun guns I've ever shot.

Calico made 9mm carbines as well. I don't know if they're still in business or not, but they were based out of the Portland area last I heard.

The few AT-9s I've ever seen for sale were all $500 and up. I had the .22lr version, and it was extremely unreliable. It looked awesome though.

My vote goes for the beretta storm. One of the most fun guns I've ever shot.

Calico made 9mm carbines as well. I don't know if they're still in business or not, but they were based out of the Portland area last I heard.
I'm with you on the "looked awesome". I think that was part of the problem: they looked like grease guns and consumers expected them to perform as such. Trouble was that, although it "looked the business ", it was actually designed as a "backpack" rifle. Combine that with a high profile shooting involving an AT9 and the gun was doomed from day one. Still, mine was awesome and only died after I decided to store it with M-pro 7 on it's plastic bits which....um....kind of melted those bits....sigh...oh well, live and learn.

Masterpiece Arms has several carbines in 9mm, 45 ACP, and a 5.7 too. Gunblast.com has a neat review of the 45 version. Taurus also just came out with a carbine CTG29 that they are selling at KY Gun Co. I have seen the full auto ones on Youtube that seem kinda cool. These are both around the $600-$700 range.

I have the MPA pistol and am looking to add the carbine upper and the UZI style stock as soon as I can muster up the funds to do so.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads