Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

9mm Revolvers

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by tlakidd, Dec 3, 2011.

1. tlakidd

tlakidd Eugene Member

As a guy that likes to limit the number of calibers I own I have been considering purchasing a 9mm revolver. I thought I have seen a couple but do not now who makes them. I am going to do some research on what manufactures make them but I wanted to get some input from the knowledgeable people that have owned them.

What are the pro's on cons of the 9mm revolver? With todays ammo why are they not very popular? or are they? What brand did you own or shoot?

Tlakidd

2. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

I believe that Taurus is the only company still making them. Model 905. I like mine. The only down side is they require the use of moon clips to be reliable.

Taurus-TF.jpg

3. GreginWA

GreginWA Enumclaw, WA Member

Thank you for the post! haha...

I was telling my dad about the .380 revolvers(made by Taurus), but it completely slipped my mind about the need for moon clips!

Its for a female and that would remove the practical simplicity of a revolver....

4. tlakidd

tlakidd Eugene Member

Hawaiian
    How does it kick or shoot compared to the .38 with the same barrel?
    tlakidd

5. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

Being 9mm it is a little snappier, but not bad. I had some hogue grips on it before I put the CT grips on and they made a huge difference.

6. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

7. csnidow

csnidow junction city oregon New Member

i think moon clips, or half moon clips, make things easier. it is basically the same as a speed loader that is a necessity for a revolver anyway, but make it smaller and easier to use. just drop 3 5 or 6 rounds at a time, depending on the gun and clip. i actually wish more revolvers were offered in auto calibers with moon clips. i think its a great idea to keep your calibers the same. if you carry a 9mm auto carry a 9mm revolver, 45 acp same thing. i think its great. however if they don't carry a 9mm auto as a primary simplify your life and get a 38+p rated revolver, many more options available, and it avoids those little clips, if you don't like them.

8. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

Ruger made a Speed-six with rounded grips back in the day that I'm lusting over. If I could just find one...

9. BUZZWILD

BUZZWILD Bothell, WA New Member

I think the concept of a moon clip is not ideal, I was very close in purchasing a 9mm revolver until i found out about the moon clips.
    for now EAA 357 is my primary :)