JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As a guy that likes to limit the number of calibers I own I have been considering purchasing a 9mm revolver. I thought I have seen a couple but do not now who makes them. I am going to do some research on what manufactures make them but I wanted to get some input from the knowledgeable people that have owned them.

What are the pro's on cons of the 9mm revolver? With todays ammo why are they not very popular? or are they? What brand did you own or shoot?

Tlakidd

I believe that Taurus is the only company still making them. Model 905. I like mine. The only down side is they require the use of moon clips to be reliable.

Taurus-TF.jpg

I believe that Taurus is the only company still making them. Model 905. I like mine. The only down side is they require the use of moon clips to be reliable.

Thank you for the post! haha...

I was telling my dad about the .380 revolvers(made by Taurus), but it completely slipped my mind about the need for moon clips!

Its for a female and that would remove the practical simplicity of a revolver....

i think moon clips, or half moon clips, make things easier. it is basically the same as a speed loader that is a necessity for a revolver anyway, but make it smaller and easier to use. just drop 3 5 or 6 rounds at a time, depending on the gun and clip. i actually wish more revolvers were offered in auto calibers with moon clips. i think its a great idea to keep your calibers the same. if you carry a 9mm auto carry a 9mm revolver, 45 acp same thing. i think its great. however if they don't carry a 9mm auto as a primary simplify your life and get a 38+p rated revolver, many more options available, and it avoids those little clips, if you don't like them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top