Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

9mm Revolver

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by RicInOR, Oct 16, 2015.

1. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

There are a couple of 9mm Revolvers currently in production (ie available)

Am I crazy for wanting one?

9mm cause that is currently what I have, and I don't want to have to acquire/store another caliber ammo.

Ruger LCR (but not apparently an LCRx)
    5456 9mm Luger 5 Hogue® Tamer™ Monogrip® U-Notch Integral 1.875" $619.00

Taurus 905B2 9mm Revolver Blue 2" 5 Round
    $371.99

WAYNO likes this.
  2. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Depending on your intended use, there is also the Ruger new Blackhawk combo in .357/9mm Comes with 2 cylinders. Really like shooting mine.

3. MEP1000

MEP1000 Milwaukie Active Member

I love my Ruger LCR :D So I would have to say NO you aren't crazy

4. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Noo_O

5. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

My only gripe with non-rimmed cartridges is the use of moon clips. Seems like an extra step that I may not like. TBH, I haven't shot anything that needed moon clips so my opinion is probably not worth .02:rolleyes:

6. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

If korth ever get there sky marshal to the states, it would be my pick for a 9mm revolver.

7. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Dyjital and ogre like this.
  8. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Nope, you're not crazy.
    I too want a 9mm and .45acp revolver.
    Even if they require "clips".. But those are my post AWB purchases.

9. Armyteam94

Armyteam94 Snohomish County New Member

Revolvers are awesome too! No feeding issues. Contact shots :( I want the Charters arms even if quality is not what a Smith can build. They are American firearms and do a good job for smaller company.

10. pdxjazz

pdxjazz Portland Active Member

I would have no hesitation with buying a used 6-shot Ruger Speed Six or the 5-shot Ruger SP-101. Both are built like tanks, and both use moonclips for fast reloading. The only downside is the secret is out on them and the price, especially the Speed Six, can be quite high due to their 9mm rarity and thus collectability. However being so well built and made in stainless, you can still go out and shoot these guns and they will still hold their value. These were made back when 9mm wasn't very popular in the US, and never really caught on. Just ahead of their time.

11. WAYNO

WAYNO Oregon City Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

The 9mm cartridge is very effective in a revolver. I just happen to have a few. P1010845_zpsaf7d904a.jpg

In a DA revolver, although moon clips make for quick reloads, I almost never use them. If I'm shooting at the range I just push the empties out with a wooden dowel.

I've got a couple Blackhawk Convertibles in 9mm/.357 and I shoot 9mm in them almost exclusively. Contrary to forum discussions, my Blackhawks are extremely accurate with either 9mm or .38/.357 ammo. And if ya don't reload, 9mm ammo is far cheaper than .38 or .357. Further, since the Blackhawks have an ejector rod, ejecting the empties is as easy as pushing on the ejector plunger. P1020533_zpsyevbfoww.jpg

Okay, let the snob flaming start.o_O Please stay away from the Taurus. You'd be better off with any Charter Arms, Ruger, or Smith and Wesson. :cool:

WAYNO.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  12. pdxjazz

pdxjazz Portland Active Member

VERY NICE!!

13. ditchtiger

ditchtiger In the sticks, Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

I've a 625 S&W I bought new in "89", Moon clips are great. Got a couple hundred of them, after shooting I will reload them in the evenings watching a movie. A 9 snubnose would be equal to a 38, (that I already have) but would still be neat. The plus side is not having to pick up empties. I do have 9mm auto loaders.

14. ditchtiger

ditchtiger In the sticks, Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

15. SOrez

SOrez SOR Active Member

I like my LCR 9, 3 moon clips makes for 15 rds easy loading and unloading. No hammer or safety either, just pull the trigger. Hornady defense rds stick in the cylinder so I use Federal hollow points in it..

16. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I have one as well, but not in that pretty looking stainless. I was thrilled to get a 9mm revolver when I found it at the last ARPC show. So much fun to shoot.

WAYNO likes this.
  17. R3dundantC

R3dundantC Roseburgish Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

18. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

When the 9mm revolver was rare, I picked up this Taurus 805. It shoots great. I don't use the moon clips for the range, only use them if carrying for reliability.

Taurus-TF.jpg