JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking to buy a suppressor that will work on my 9mm AR and on a pistol as well. I know virtually nothing about suppressors, so any help would be much appreciated. Something with quick detach ability would be even better. Let me know what solution would be best and why. Thanks.

I just plinked down the $$$ for one of these a few days ago and got the paperwork started. Likely the most versatile suppressor on the market and it also has one of the best noise reduction ratings for 9mm of any I have seen!

<broken link removed>

^^^ I'll be running it on a couple 9mm pistols, a .22 LR pistol and bolt action rifle, a .223 AR, and a 9mm carbine of some sort. This can also works with basically any caliber that's smaller than 9mm diameter, from all of the handgun calibers that meet that description to .300 BLK and sub-sonic .308 to... well, there's a list on the website.

Good customer service from those guys, good warranty, can comes apart for cleaning, etc etc

$750. Doesn't include the NFA tax stamp when that comes due for payment. I was wavering on the whole suppressor thing, but when my local shop showed me one of these and told me about how versatile they are, I was sold. Going to be really cool to be able to run it on so many platforms in various calibers.

Even if you only plan to use it with 9mm, you'll find that the price and warranty are very competitive, it comes apart easily for cleaning, the quality of the materials, machining, and finish are top notch, and the NRR is one of the best on the market. 36.8 dB reduction is awesome and 124.2 dB average level while shooting 9mm from a pistol is quite low. To get an idea check this: 9mm Shootout and Pistol Trials and this: Pistol Silencers

Thank for all the great replies. It is sounding like the Mystic is the way to go if your will to drop the extra coin. I like the fact that it can be used on multiple calibers as well.

I love the Osprey! Coolest looking one out there, I think, and I do like how it's offset. Easier to get it working with your existing sights and it looks great on a full-railed gun that matches the slab side profile on the suppressor. But... not cheap and only for pistols sub-9mm caliber. As much as I like it, I went Mystic because it can be used on more of my firearms ... plus it's less expensive and reduces noise even better.

I love the Osprey! Coolest looking one out there, I think, and I do like how it's offset. Easier to get it working with your existing sights and it looks great on a full-railed gun that matches the slab side profile on the suppressor. But... not cheap and only for pistols sub-9mm caliber. As much as I like it, I went Mystic because it can be used on more of my firearms ... plus it's less expensive and reduces noise even better.

Actually, the Osprey 45 works very well for 45acp and 9mm.

I did a lot of research about 6 months ago and I went with the swr octane 9. I was going to go with the Mystic but it is a bit heavier and I was worried about my Glock cycling with it on along with the heavy feel. I should have my paperwork back any day now, can't wait.
I'm sure you will be happy with any of the ones mentioned above

I did a lot of research about 6 months ago and I went with the swr octane 9. I was going to go with the Mystic but it is a bit heavier and I was worried about my Glock cycling with it on along with the heavy feel. I should have my paperwork back any day now, can't wait.
I'm sure you will be happy with any of the ones mentioned above

I have the "old version", trident-9 and am very happy with it!!

Yeah the Mystic is a bit over an ounce heavier (10.78 to 12.1). You can get a 9mm suppressor that's in the realm of 3.5 ounces, but you're running it wet with wipes and stuff. Everything is a compromise. I'm going to enjoy putting .223 and other calibers through my Mystic that I haven't seen another 9mm suppressor capable of handling. At least not in a suppressor that can be easily taken apart for cleaning. The titanium tube means every part of the Mystic can be tossed in an ultrasonic cleaner, which is handy. The Octane 9 has an aluminum tube and some other parts, which cannot be cleaned this way. The Mystic also has a higher noise reduction rating and, for me, that's sort of the name of the game here. ...the recoil boost works... there's vids on YouTube of the Mystic being shot on Glocks. I'm sure I'd be happy with any of the ones mention in the thread!!! But I do want to shoot .223 and such through it...

BTW if you don't care about shooting standard .223 and some other super-sonic rifle calibers through your can, Liberty makes an even lighter (8 oz) all-titanium can that's easily one of the very quietest on the market bar none. However, it's more expensive. <broken link removed>

Yeah the Mystic is a bit over an ounce heavier (10.78 to 12.1). You can get a 9mm suppressor that's in the realm of 3.5 ounces, but you're running it wet with wipes and stuff. Everything is a compromise. I'm going to enjoy putting .223 and other calibers through my Mystic that I haven't seen another 9mm suppressor capable of handling. At least not in a suppressor that can be easily taken apart for cleaning. The titanium tube means every part of the Mystic can be tossed in an ultrasonic cleaner, which is handy. The Octane 9 has an aluminum tube and some other parts, which cannot be cleaned this way. The Mystic also has a higher noise reduction rating and, for me, that's sort of the name of the game here. ...the recoil boost works... there's vids on YouTube of the Mystic being shot on Glocks. I'm sure I'd be happy with any of the ones mention in the thread!!! But I do want to shoot .223 and such through it...

BTW if you don't care about shooting standard .223 and some other super-sonic rifle calibers through your can, Liberty makes an even lighter (8 oz) all-titanium can that's easily one of the very quietest on the market bar none. However, it's more expensive. <broken link removed>

Just curious where are you finding your noise reduction "rating"? If from their website that is a bit bias. I think the Mystic makes a great can but I have not seen anyone say that it is quieter than the Octane or other quality cans out there. I haven't looked in a while so maybe someone has posted on youtube a test between the two but other than that a "rating" from a website doesn't mean anything

Don't get me wrong I think the Mystic is great and yeah you can shoot subsonic 223 out of it, which is cool

It shouldn't be biased from a website, as there are strict testing protocols that everyone should be abiding by, as well as calibration steps for your meter. That said, yes, I looked into it prior to the purchase and it is consistently rated as one of the very quietest 9mm and .22 LR suppressors on the market, and does a very good job on .300 whisper/blk also. Their dedicated .223 suppressor is, apparently, about the quietest on the market also. They make a good product although, in this case, it's on the large side for a 9mm suppressor (probably a big reason it's so quiet). You can find data from lots of hard testing in controlled environments (much from the same gun, same ammo, same equipment, etc) at www.nfatalk.org. One of their testers got 124.7 db average of 30 shots with it, which is very close to what's on Liberty's site. Also testing numbers on suppressorforum.com and other places.

There's also lots of anecdotal evidence available with a google search. No shortage of stuff like:

"I have an Osprey 9mm, SWR Trident-9 and a Liberty Mystic. I think the Mystic is the most quiet of the three. It's user serviceable and it's multi caliber rated. For a First Can, the Mystic is hard to beat. I can shoot .22 and cast bullets through it because it's so easy to bead blast clean."

"Oh and the Tirant meters close to the MM..They Mystic blows the MM away..That can is loud now that I'm spoiled with this.." (MM = multimount)

"I also have a mystic. Liberty was kind enough to thread the can so it would fit on the adapters I have for my SWR Trident. It's larger than the trident, a bit heavier, but it's a quieter can."

"I still get a kick of just how quiet the Mystic is on a P-226 9mm. You sorta forget that it;s a 9mm and has power. It gives it a feel like it's a .22. "

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top