JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently came across a story in a National Geographic about a company that makes 9mm "gas alarm" pistols. They are esentialy a front firing "blank gun" that uses special ammo containing CS gas and other less than lethal deterents. Upon further research i found that front firing blank guns used to be illegal in the United States but are now being sold due to a change in the law. I have been searching for pepper gas ammunition but cant find it sold anywhere in the United States. ive heard it used to be sold abundantly in the US but gradually disapeared. Any help on locating this product would be greatly appreciated, comments and opinions are welcomed as well. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIQxNRuEWVY

This is the one that i have decided on getting (video is not in english due to less popularity of this product in the united states)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUoVBSMDL3c

Last Edited:
Do you mean like the Kimber JPX OC pistol?

<broken link removed>

I noticed Kimber have them marked down from $380 to $114 so I figure they must be discontinued.

There are a bunch of YouTube videos showing live tests. None of them is very reassuring. I recently watched a friend of mine in police academy get OC'ed, resist a weapon takedown, strike another officer with his baton four times, cuff a suspect then run 100 feet to the medic station to get the OC washed off. Sure it hurts (he said he would rather be tased any day), but it didn't really stop him. The only scenario it might work for is using the OC then running away quickly. :)

I know this an old post but I stumbled on it and had to sign up just to post an opinion in case anyone else reads it. JUST BUY PEPPER SPRAY. $20. Pistols are for shooting people. Try to do both jobs with one tool and one day you're gonna blow the head off that guy you just wanted to pepper spray. Bad idea to try to find a way to pepper spray people with your firearm.

Interesting.

I personally see extremely limited usefulness for anything less than lethal. For me and mine, it's the circumstances where lawful concealed firearm carry is not an option. Pepper spray, kubiton, chairs, gauging eyes the entire standard gambit to survive.

Without the support/backup/training that law enforcement has, using LTL as a primary is a bad idea.

Again IMO.

As another said when this thread awakened from the dead, if you want OC, just buy OC. I can see no upside to buying any kind of gun to shoot OC ammo. OC does have very hit and miss (from what I have seen) results on humans. Have had it drop one in his tracks and still have a scar on my arm where one promptly charged and sunk his teeth into me. I have found the stuff is a wonderful tool for dogs though. I have yet to have it fail there. When walking my dogs I am not willing to let another attack my leashed dog and me get the vet bills. I also would hate to shoot a dog since it's not the animals fault the owner is a moron. OC has always stopped the other dog and does no permanent harm to them. If someone wants a pistol grip dispenser the Mace CO. makes one. Come in different colors and are gun shaped. Break open and load like those plastic flare guns. Even come with a canister of water to practice with. They run like $20 or so on places like Amazon.

CQB airsoft shots in my arm lol IMAG0537.jpg

While that 9mm 'gas alarm' gun may be LTL I saw what appeared to be flame coming out of the barrel upon firing with the test subject fairly close to it. It also looked to be moving at pretty high velocity also.

Here you go both ten feet away Face shot paint ball paint went through mask View attachment 430102 View attachment 430103

Wife got one of those paintball guns a while back. Was wanting to maybe play with it. After we shot it in the back yard a while neither of us felt like it would be much fun to be shot by the damn thing. They really zing those things out. While back on the news some kids were freezing them and using them to vandalize. They were making holes in aluminum siding. Shortly after Police got them with OC one protester lost an eye when hit with one. Nasty little things.

CQB airsoft shots in my arm lol View attachment 430101
That must be one of the higher end ones. I use a couple of the battery powered full auto ones Crossman makes. Work great for scaring off stray cats but they are harmless. I can fire it into my hand. Cats seem scared just because they don't know whats raining down on them or from where. I have seen some that cost several hundred bucks that must have a hell of a lot more power.

A coed in beantown died after being hit with an OC ball. Hit her in th neck and crushed her larynx if I recall correctly.

Was one of The Sox championship game riots.

A few blocks up from trauma I was working at the time. Nothing could be done for her by the time she was noted down and brought in.

Don't recall how it turned out for the officers involved. I certainly do not put anything on them that's for sure. Play stupid games, expect stupid prizes...

That must be one of the higher end ones. I use a couple of the battery powered full auto ones Crossman makes. Work great for scaring off stray cats but they are harmless. I can fire it into my hand. Cats seem scared just because they don't know whats raining down on them or from where. I have seen some that cost several hundred bucks that must have a hell of a lot more power.
I got a few the big sniper rifle is what they call a green gas gun witch means it runs on gas witch is basically propane the other ones are battery powered that camo m4 was pretty spendy I upgraded the motor when you put it to full auto it fires around 20 bb a second lol the AK is a pretty basic one will fire about 8 to 10 rounds per second on full auto IMAG0910.jpg IMAG0638.jpg IMAG0634.jpg IMAG0912.jpg

Wife got one of those paintball guns a while back. Was wanting to maybe play with it. After we shot it in the back yard a while neither of us felt like it would be much fun to be shot by the damn thing. They really zing those things out. While back on the news some kids were freezing them and using them to vandalize. They were making holes in aluminum siding. Shortly after Police got them with OC one protester lost an eye when hit with one. Nasty little things.
I have a few paint ball gun also I play with my nephew and his friends this one is no joke lol I paid some money for it so I could keep up with those little punks lol PLANET ECLIPSE G TEK IMAG1094.jpg

Last Edited:
I remember seeing a lot of that 9mm gas gun stuff in Europe. You used to be able to buy it over the counter in just about any gun configuration you could think of. Lugers etc. You'd pretty much have to shoot someone in the face for it to be effective and then hope they don't take it away from you and shove it up your @ss because all you did was piss them off.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top