JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

9mm or 40 S&W

• 9mm

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • 40 S&W

Votes: 16 27.6%

• Total voters
You are not wrong. 114 prohibits CHL carrying a mag over 10 rounds. Only LEO and criminals, gang bangers are exempt.
Wow, you guys down south are gonna get screwed even worse than we did up here after our mag ban passed. At least we are still legally allowed to carry grandfathered 10+ mags here. But if your BM 114 passes, I don't expect it will be too awful long before the anti-2A turdgarglers up here put that on our ballot... :rolleyes:

Wow, you guys down south are gonna get screwed even worse than we did up here after our mag ban passed. At least we are still legally allowed to carry grandfathered 10+ mags here. But if your BM 114 passes, I don't expect it will be too awful long before the anto-2A turdballs up here put that on our ballot..
Washington can't be outdone by the likes of Oregon!

Hmmmmm.... I don't think I'm going to say I'm going to do when this passes on an open forum.
I will. If you can smash windows, steal, assault, rape, murder, not have a DL, no tags, registration, no insurance with no consequence. Even when they know who you are or witness what you've done.

They can kick rocks and pound sand. I don't have a criminal record. I've got (1) speeding ticket over 10 years ago. That's it. I've served my country and obey the law. But at some point enough is enough. It's my life. I'm in charge of it. There aren't any cops. I'm my own first response.

F-ck politicians. All of them.

And if you're a LEO with any kind of moral compass (respects the constitution) you will turn a blind eye when dealing LAW ABIDING citizens who have done nothing wrong but process a single mag that holds a quantity of ammo equal to (2) mags that could be carried in substitution.

Last Edited:
Washington can't be outdone by the likes of Oregon!
It seems to me that whatever anti-2A crap Commiefauxnia comes up with, the very next step is to see how fast WA and OR can race each other to the bottom of that same PRK stupidity. :rolleyes:

I feel quite comfortable with a good 1911 and several mags for those things that go bump in the middle of the night. I don't like the mag ban but I don't think it's going to change my life much.

I will. If you can smash windows, steal, assault, rape, murder, not have a DL, no tags, registration, no insurance with no consequence. Even when they know who you are or witness what you've done.

They can kick rocks and pound sand. I don't have a criminal record. I've got (1) speeding ticket over 10 years ago. That's it. I've served my country and obey the law. But at some point enough is enough. It's my life. I'm in charge of it. There aren't any cops. I'm my own first response.

F-ck politicians. All of them.

And if you're a LEO with any kind of moral compass (respects the constitution) you will turn a blind eye when dealing LAW ABIDING citizens who have done nothing wrong but process a single mag that holds a quantity of ammo equal to (2) mags that could be carried in substitution.
^^^This…

Civil Disobedience…

True Patriots will practice it, regardless of what illegal laws man devises…

I feel quite comfortable with a good 1911 and several mags for those things that go bump in the middle of the night. I don't like the mag ban but I don't think it's going to change my life much.
You have no handguns with mags over 10rd capacity? 22 rifles, shotguns, lever actions or other that you may one day like to take outside the walls of your home?

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm not too fond of the idea of being restricted to 7yrd shot across my livingroom with a long gun. ;)

You have no handguns with mags over 10rd capacity? 22 rifles, shotguns, lever actions or other that you may one day like to take outside the walls of your home?

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm not too fond of the idea of being restricted to 7yrd shot across my livingroom with a long gun. ;)
Yes I have more than one. As I understand it you simply cannot use magazines greater than 10 rounds. So yes they will go shooting. As far as the high cap magazines I am sure that they will disappear somewhere. Do I like any of this - not in anyway shape or form. Most firearms I use for carry are single stack or revolvers. This is 114 is BS.

Back to the thread… I don't pay attention to what caliber is able to do this or that. Accuracy is what matters in all circumstances. Then being able to put down the threat as quickly as possible. If 22WMR allows you to do that then that's what you use. However, (caveat) remember that HP are by design only good for certain situations. FMJ is what is able to work better in other areas. Debating FMJ vs HP is like debating 9 vs 45. Then it's Ford vs Chevy. Point is what you prefer and F what others tell you is better. It's not any different than a politician saying that you don't need an AR or AK!

And we don't need you in office, your policies, armed guards, boot licking cohorts, foreign state dictators and whatever the "F" else I don't like!

F U

Momentum yes. A factor in penetration all too often ignored. Expansion & velocity can be negated by inadequate penetration, sometimes caused by a combination of too much velocity for the projectile design and mass.

It is a caveat I throw in when comparing factors to reduce the number of variables. I.E., to isolate the effect of one variable

Of course in the real world you have to account for all of the variables.
Indeed, that's the reason cops and robbers back in the 30's went to the .38 Super because the .45 would just bounce off car bodies.

I shoot them both happily. 9mmL has more capacity and sometimes cheaper. If i can find a 40SW slide and barrel and put it on my 9mmL bought frame as with Glocks, CZs and others, then i am happy. But i am for 9mmL.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top