JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

9mm or 40 S&W

• 9mm

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • 40 S&W

Votes: 16 27.6%

• Total voters
Reactions
One of my carry guns is a SIG P226. Big 226 fan. I have change uppers in 40 S&W and in 9mm. I usually carry very hot loaded underwood 40. I lose 2 rounds but gain a lot of muzzle energy vs 9mm .

What do you prefer? Why?

I'm anmo agnostic.

A hole where one isn't supposed to be is good enough most of the time.

I tend to not be in areas where hopped up zombies are located... so not too concerned about stopping power.

I have an officer model 45 thats great when the weather starts to cool off but the simplicity of just being able to throw a pistol in your front pocket and go is easy to get use to. If there is a serious situation a pocket pistol is not as comforting as that full size 1911 - just my experience.

I tend more toward "What do I shoot best in that size gun"
I mostly carry compact CCW guns, But if I'm carrying a 1911 its in 45.
My EDC is a 642 S&W J frame. That's what is in my pocket as I type this. DR

9mm. Cause I can easily carry 43+ rounds on my person, recoil is nothing, follow up shots are easy, and it's what I've been shooting for over a decade. And with ballistic improvements 9mm will do anything a .45 or .40 will do.

45acp.... Because 1911 and the good Saint John Moses Browning says so.

3374753D-08F3-4543-B7B4-9784F96FB8A2.jpeg

Love Glocks!
Love 1911s!
Currently have a Sig in my waistband…. Haha.
I'm not sure how much I like the Sig these days. I was hell bent on getting a nice P226, but it seems they've all but discontinued the P22x series (they only carry the top tier models and none come threaded).

I was looking for a suppressor host, and I ended up grabbing a Beretta M9a4 and it's currently at Langdon Tactical getting some trigger love.

I'm not sure how much I like the Sig these days. I was hell bent on getting a nice P226, but it seems they've all but discontinued the P22x series (they only carry the top tier models and none come threaded).

I was looking for a suppressor host, and I ended up grabbing a Beretta M9a4 and it's currently at Langdon Tactical getting some trigger love.
226 is a great suppressor host.

P320 Compact in 40 SW in fall/winter, cuz it fits my hand the best, I train and compete with it the most, I shoot it the best of all my pistols, and I like it best.
P365 in summer, cuz it'll fit in the pocket of my board shorts, d00d... 🤙

I just recently started shooting/carrying a Sig. I carry an X5 Legion and unless something drastic happens I don't see myself going back to Glock. Although I'll keep a few in the safe just in case. Cause I know they always work.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top