JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

9mm or 40 S&W

• 9mm

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • 40 S&W

Votes: 16 27.6%

• Total voters
Reactions
One of my carry guns is a SIG P226. Big 226 fan. I have change uppers in 40 S&W and in 9mm. I usually carry very hot loaded underwood 40. I lose 2 rounds but gain a lot of muzzle energy vs 9mm .

What do you prefer? Why?

I'm anmo agnostic.

A hole where one isn't supposed to be is good enough most of the time.

I tend to not be in areas where hopped up zombies are located... so not too concerned about stopping power.

I have an officer model 45 thats great when the weather starts to cool off but the simplicity of just being able to throw a pistol in your front pocket and go is easy to get use to. If there is a serious situation a pocket pistol is not as comforting as that full size 1911 - just my experience.

I tend more toward "What do I shoot best in that size gun"
I mostly carry compact CCW guns, But if I'm carrying a 1911 its in 45.
My EDC is a 642 S&W J frame. That's what is in my pocket as I type this. DR

9mm. Cause I can easily carry 43+ rounds on my person, recoil is nothing, follow up shots are easy, and it's what I've been shooting for over a decade. And with ballistic improvements 9mm will do anything a .45 or .40 will do.

45acp.... Because 1911 and the good Saint John Moses Browning says so.

3374753D-08F3-4543-B7B4-9784F96FB8A2.jpeg

Love Glocks!
Love 1911s!
Currently have a Sig in my waistband…. Haha.
I'm not sure how much I like the Sig these days. I was hell bent on getting a nice P226, but it seems they've all but discontinued the P22x series (they only carry the top tier models and none come threaded).

I was looking for a suppressor host, and I ended up grabbing a Beretta M9a4 and it's currently at Langdon Tactical getting some trigger love.

I'm not sure how much I like the Sig these days. I was hell bent on getting a nice P226, but it seems they've all but discontinued the P22x series (they only carry the top tier models and none come threaded).

I was looking for a suppressor host, and I ended up grabbing a Beretta M9a4 and it's currently at Langdon Tactical getting some trigger love.
226 is a great suppressor host.

P320 Compact in 40 SW in fall/winter, cuz it fits my hand the best, I train and compete with it the most, I shoot it the best of all my pistols, and I like it best.
P365 in summer, cuz it'll fit in the pocket of my board shorts, d00d... 🤙

I just recently started shooting/carrying a Sig. I carry an X5 Legion and unless something drastic happens I don't see myself going back to Glock. Although I'll keep a few in the safe just in case. Cause I know they always work.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top