Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

9mm OMC AMMO

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by gsarkinen, Apr 24, 2010.

1. gsarkinen

gsarkinen Woodland New Member

Has anyone had any problems with the OMC ammo? I bought a box of 500 rounds from the portland expo's gun show and am having problems with it. Out of 17 rounds, only 2 or 3 will fire. I looked at the firing pins mark on the primer and it seems to be pretty strong... Any suggestions?

2. BrianL

BrianL Hermiston Active Member

No, infact thats all I buy when I buy bulk ammo. I've gone through about 1,400 hundred rounds and no problems. Maybe OMC made a bad batch. Sorry to hear that.

3. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Will the ammunition fire on a second try? I was thinking that maybe your ammo batch had the primers seated a little high in the pocket. The first firing pin strike would tend to seat it properly and a second firing pin strike would hopefully then detonate the primer.

4. nick425

nick425 Eastside of Lake Washington Member

Actually, a friend of mine bought a ton of their 9mm and he had the same problem. This was almost a year ago too. I would say out of 30 rounds 5-8 would fail to fire.

5. Ian1816

Ian1816 Oregon City Active Member

I have bought thousands of 9mm and 308 from them in bulk. So far only one of the 308s have failed.
    Have you tried the ammo in more than one firearm to determine that the gun is not the problem?

I would contact them and give them the chance to make it right.

6. oregonswamper

oregonswamper Salem Active Member

Just take it back to the next show and they will exchange it or buy it back. As a former employee i know they stand behind there product and will make it right. I do have to say its nice owning my own ammo company and not having to worry about stuff like that:D

7. gsarkinen

gsarkinen Woodland New Member

You wouldn't still know who to contact with them would you?

8. oregonswamper

check your pm's

9. Ian1816

Ian1816 Oregon City Active Member

What ammo company do you own oregon swamper?

10. oregonswamper

NW Ammo Supply. I've been open for about a month here in salem and was at the last portland show. Its been a wild ride but a fun one :thumbup:

11. doobee8

doobee8 Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I used to buy the ammo when it was made in Grass Valley, CA by Miwall for OMC. This new stuff is loaded in Salem, Oregon by someone for them. I'm will not buy it. My friends have blown primers from the 223 reloads as well. Stay far far away from this stuff!!!!

12. oregonswamper

yup thats what happens when you riem(spl) the primer pockets to deep.

13. SNoB

SNoB Portland New Member

Does anyone still have contact info for these people? I bought some ammo from them in march and I was supposed to exchange it at the last gun show but I didnt see them. I have been calling and emailing but now it seems the number on the website is disconnected??

Weird.

14. oregonswamper

SNob,

OMC has gone out of business. I had a lot of people asking me if i was omc at the Salem show. Your not the only one who has bad ammo out there wanting to exchange it.

15. SNoB

SNoB Portland New Member

Well this sucks, I have a voice mail saved telling me which show they would be at to exchange it. I wonder if this is why they went out of business, they should at least pull the damn website down.

16. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

Though it appears lots of folks have had problems with their ammo. Have you considered trying this ammo in another firearm?

The reason I ask, I bought 2500rnds of 40cal at a very good price and it would not run through my Smith M&P worth a darned. My police officer buddies personal Glock in 40cal. eats it all. It appears that the primers are a bit hard and the M&P is a bit light on the primer strikes, and those are two things that don't match.

17. SNoB

SNoB Portland New Member

I ran it through my slightly modified glock 35 and my bone stock glock 27, both of which practically punch through the primer of most rounds and both pistols seemed to fire about 2 rounds per 15 round magazine.