JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a beautiful round, but for a non-reloader it is expensive to shoot.
44 Special/44 Mag is another great.
The 44 mag is a cartridge I really like a lot more than the 357 mag, I have revolvers in that round, too, and it is definitely a round added to my reloading list after the 454C. Yes, I am slow to reloading.

I agree it is a popular and versatile round and sadly I do not think I will add it to my reloading list. I only have this Taurus and a DW 6 inch from the 1970s that is in hierlom condition, never gonna carry that toy anywhere except to the range one/twice a year. I carry the Taurus a lot, but the ability to keep the gun after I finish the specific rounds is ideal, and it could be a long while before I do.
.38/.357 revolvers seem to be attracted to me like iron filings to a magnet... Someday I may actually get one with a barrel over 4" to really take advantage of the .357 round... and save my hearing some too..

The 44 mag is a cartridge I really like a lot more than the 357 mag, I have revolvers in that round, too, and it is definitely a round added to my reloading list after the 454C. Yes, I am slow to reloading.
And revolvers are so much more "civilized" when it comes to collecting your spent cases.
Collecting my auto brass reminds me of picking nightcrawlers as a kid.

I wonder if the cost of modifying your Taurus revolver to fire 9mm ...
Would be more than just buying say a Ruger Blackhawk convertible in .357 /9mm...
Or a similar revolver...?
Andy
I picked me up one of these used, $400 about 5 years ago. The 9mm cylinder was still in it's original little box. It had the S/N of the revolver written on the box. It was from a local dealer and he told me that the Ruger factory times the 9mm cylider to the gun. I'm just guessing that Ruger would not sell the 9mm cylider seperate. Love the gun, shoots 3 different rounds, two of which are very affordable.

Okay. Thanks to all who replied and offered their opinions. It seems the best idea is to just sell the gun and ammo and buy what I want.
I will post when I return.

Cheers!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews