JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have both the Beretta and the Taurus in 92,, for the lifetime guarantee I would give the nod to the Taurus. Clips for the Beretta can be modified to work in the Taurus by using a small chain saw file on the catch/release slots. Compare the two clips side by side and you will see what needs to be done,, and their cheap! Also the used price on these two have come down a bunch, and even new is close to your price range.

I've shot most of the pistols mentioned so far here and as I believe many are fantastic weapons, That said, I am really leaning toward keeping the money at home these days. Go USA! Go Ruger! Go Smith! :s0155:

Check Guns America or Gunbroker for the Israeli trade-in FN Belgian Hi Powers - the finish can be pretty rough, but internals have been spot-on. I bought one and am doing a re-finish. you can find them for less that $400; about $405 with shipping, plus the FFL transfer.

Mainly to cange things up a lil... as I said before this is to be a toy... I like the nostalgia of the "old time" system. Plus I have fond memories of having target competitions with friends/neighbors when I was a kid. We always shot SA because we were more accurate... different story for my carry guns. Those are DAO striker fired.

The M&P 9MM fits your criteria just fine.

17 +1 rounds. Will fit you AND your wifes hands. Recoil isn't an issue. Reliable. Accurate.

No DA/SA. Same trigger pull every time. Completely ambidextrious.

I have a full size M&P 9 and a compact 40sw with a 357 Sig barrel and Apex sear and striker block. No problems.

Have also owned several other M&P guns and I've never had a problem.

I guess I'm going to end up going a totally different way.... After talking to a friend and doing some research I'm going to order the one gun in this world I thought I would never buy....
A S&W SW9VE Sigma.... Prolly allied forces version because I can't deal with Stainless anymore. But I can have the stainless duracoated if I need to at missionspeccamo for less than the upcharge for the allied forces version.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I know.... it's got a horrible trigger and it's ugly.... and dosen't meet most of my criteria.... but it does fit some of it... it's VERY cheap, has a decent capacity, it's a S&W, and my wife likes it... I have held/shot them and they are comfortable.... but that trigger is NASTY!

It will be a project gun. I'm goung to take it apart as soon as I get it and polish the living crap out of it and remove the pigtail spring... I'll also order some springs from Wolff...

Thanks for the help guys (& gals?).... but this sounds like fun.....

I'll get some of the "better" guns later.... this one is just for plinking and fun.

I guess I'm going to end up going a totally different way.... After talking to a friend and doing some research I'm going to order the one gun in this world I thought I would never buy....
A S&W SW9VE Sigma.... Prolly allied forces version because I can't deal with Stainless anymore. But I can have the stainless duracoated if I need to at missionspeccamo for less than the upcharge for the allied forces version.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I know.... it's got a horrible trigger and it's ugly.... and dosen't meet most of my criteria.... but it does fit some of it... it's VERY cheap, has a decent capacity, it's a S&W, and my wife likes it... I have held/shot them and they are comfortable.... but that trigger is NASTY!

It will be a project gun. I'm goung to take it apart as soon as I get it and polish the living crap out of it and remove the pigtail spring... I'll also order some springs from Wolff...

Thanks for the help guys (& gals?).... but this sounds like fun.....

I'll get some of the "better" guns later.... this one is just for plinking and fun.

You know you can fix that trigger, yourself, for free right?

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/fo...st-fix-your-s-w-sigma-heavy-trigger-pull.html

yup!.... that's my plan!... except I'm going to go 1 or 2 steps further... I'm going to finely sand and polish the living crap out of all the goodies.... I"ll have a good gun when I'm done...
I do plan on using the Wolff spring instead of just removing the larger spring though... The "pigtail" spring will not go back in.

I've ordered my gun.... but I didn't go with the sigma.... I ordered a S&W M&P 9mm with 4.25" barrel.... I found a miracle deal on one with 3 mags NIB unfired for $400. A security guard odered it then decided to go another way... so I get it at cost..... I also ordered a Glock 23... but that is a different story.
I have shot the Steyr 9mm and it is a great gun.... wonder how I forgot about it.... the sights make reacquisition very fast and accurate. Maybe some day.

Hmm so what fits under all these.
$400-$450 max budget, new or used.
high capacity (15+1 or so)
Must be 9mm LUGER, not 9x18 Mak.
I'd like at least a 4" barrel
Has to be available in all black
No Glocks, Sigma's, XD's, or XDm's
Must be seriously reliable
Must be able to get mags when I need (Even if they are expensive)
Would like to have a rail for a light
I would like SA/DA with an exposed hammer
No need for adjustable or night sites
Must be easy to disassemble and maintain (Wife will have to be able to do it)

How about this:

The Zastava EZ9
9mm
NIB $300
can use sig p226 mags with moddification
4" SS barrel
15+1

I personally seen this gun the other day and it looks nice. Had me fooled it was a sig at first.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top