JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Thanks, found a great deal.

Looking for a 9mm with at least a 4" barrel. A CZ75 or Tristar S120, P120, or T120 clone would be good. Might go for a 5" 9mm 1911. I'd like to keep it around $380 all said and done.

Cash, of course.

Last Edited:
For that kinda dough your best bet may be a police trade-in G17 or 19, but it won't be a pretty one.
The PT99 or 92 would be on the table too, but I don't see those come up used very often... last time I did (about 7 or 8 yrs ago), I bought it.
The Italian police trade-in Beretta 9s is a better value, imo. Slickity-slick Italian made action, polish blued, generally recieved in G to VG condition for around $300. The only downside is the heel mag release, and that's only a detriment if you think it is.

For that kinda dough your best bet may be a police trade-in G17 or 19, but it won't be a pretty one.
The PT99 or 92 would be on the table too, but I don't see those come up used very often... last time I did (about 7 or 8 yrs ago), I bought it.
The Italian police trade-in Beretta 9s is a better value, imo. Slickity-slick Italian made action, polish blued, generally recieved in G to VG condition for around $300. The only downside is the heel mag release, and that's only a detriment if you think it is.
Good answer ! ^^^

I'll add :
There are not many 9mm Glock police trades coming in right now.
Most deals are on .40's

The Beretta 92S is a nice pistol.
I have one.
The compromise IMO, is not the heel mag catch but rather the sights.
They are minimalist carry sights and the tiny front sight is integral (cannot be changed out).
They are beautiful, all metal guns, however.

Right now, for the best deal on an all-metal 9mm, I think it's the S&W 5906 police trade.
It is all stainless steel.
It represents the "3rd Generation" and final rendition of the iconic S&W "Wonder Nine".
Gunprime has some nice examples that have the Bomar dovetailed sight system and rounded trigger guard.
(as opposed to the homely "winged" combat rear sight and funky, rectangular trigger guard)
https://gunprime.com/product/smith-wesson-5906-9mm-pistol-stainless-truck-gun/?
goal=0_0bf02f2930-21ef92bad9-71340643&mc_cid=21ef92bad9&mc_eid=1b401b72c2

PM me before you buy and I'll tell you what to write in the Special Instructions box.

ETA :
Mec Gar makes top quality replacement mags for around $20+

Last Edited:
Right now, for the best deal on an all-metal 9mm, I think it's the S&W 5906 police trade.
The 5906 is s great piece. I have a 5904 (black version) that I carry occasionally in a Milt Sparks SS ll... I'd really like to pick up a stainless '06 one day soon.
Also, mags can be bought on Gunbroker as well as the +2 baseplates.

And you're 100% right about the sucky Beretta sights... I'd forgotten about that.

The 5906 is s great piece. I have a 5904 (black version) that I carry occasionally in a Milt Sparks SS ll... I'd really like to pick up a stainless '06 one day soon.
Also, mags can be bought on Gunbroker as well as the +2 baseplates.

And you're 100% right about the sucky Beretta sights... I'd forgotten about that.
I just got one....very nice condition...
Smith & Wesson 5906 9MM Very Good 1 MAG - GUNPRIME %

I just looked at em @GP... very tempting. I was pretty sure my next gun purchase was going to be a Sig P365, but now I'm eyeing these.
In hindsight, what I would have typed in the Special Instructions box :

"Please send a 5906 that looks like the one in your pic with Bomar rear sight, rounded trigger guard and flush magazine floor plate.
This is my first police trade-in purchase and I want it to be a positive experience.
If any questions, please call me.
Thanks !"

On mine, some dope gave me a mag with a pinky rest floor plate.
Thankfully I didn't get the rectangular trigger guard or the "winged" rear sight or it would have gone back.

It is a very nice example and I found more original mags and floorplates.

Thanks for the ideas. I might just do the 5906. My only experience with this stye of S&W was long ago and a few hot rounds though a 1006. Most violent or should I say "abrupt" recoil I have ever felt. Compared to my GP100 with some pretty stout 357 158 grains it was really snappy. The owner wanted to even trade on the spot. It was not meant to be even though the cost of the 1006 was more than twice the cost of the Ruger. No clue about accuracy, after the first shot I was flinchy and we were at 25 yards. I put a few rounds of 10mm though a 1911 a while back and it was much nicer.

Thanks for the ideas. I might just do the 5906. My only experience with this stye of S&W was long ago and a few hot rounds though a 1006. Most violent or should I say "abrupt" recoil I have ever felt. Compared to my GP100 with some pretty stout 357 158 grains it was really snappy. The owner wanted to even trade on the spot. It was not meant to be even though the cost of the 1006 was more than twice the cost of the Ruger. No clue about accuracy, after the first shot I was flinchy and we were at 25 yards. I put a few rounds of 10mm though a 1911 a while back and it was much nicer.
The guy must have been feeding that 1006 some full house 10mm loads then, to move the mass of a 1006 like that.
My 5906 is easy to shoot and the weight is quite noticeable coming from a Glock 19.

Best deal on a 92A1 to come along in a long while is here... ($499)
Beretta 92A1 J9A9F10 4.9" Barrel 9mm Luger - Shoot Straight

Not many Glock 9mm police trade-ins but here's a G17 for $389...
LEO Trade-In GLOCK 17 GEN 3 9mm Handgun

Last Edited:
I assume that the nine would be much nicer, I've got a small nine and it's fun to shoot. The guy with the 1006 was from Beale (sp?) Air Force Base. I can't recall what he said but I thought the ammo was government issue.. He said he had a lot guns at the base for sale or trade. Prices were a little too good, no pw, bgc or wait. New stainless mkll government with extra mags, $179, no pw. That's a little cheaper than the blued bull with one mag at the time.

Alright, perhaps a little optimistic before. Looking for a 9mm with at least a 4" barrel. Prefer a 5"1911, but a metal CZ75 or a good quality clone, Taurus PT92 or 99, Beretta, M&P. Need at least two mags. Glocks, are welcome too. I have $320.

Interested in SA/DA or striker fired only.

Cash, of course.

What?

Boy, is my face red. Amazed that you're the first to point that out. I suppose it's too late to say I meant a "Double Eagle"? Still kinda lame.:s0114:

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.