9mm for the woods

Discussion in 'Semi-Automatic Pistols' started by Lead Ball, Jan 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. bgdawgrr

bgdawgrr
    Washington

Do you have to worry about hunting regulations in the woods carrying a rifle on a hike? Worry about this was the impetus for my first AR pistol build. Eliminate issues of having it in the car loaded or camping.

2. wp4

wp4
    Lakeview

I know that in Oregon at least you can legally be out with a rifle and no tag or license during hunting season. Not sure for Washington

3. SynapticSilence

SynapticSilence
    Battle Ground, WA

Hahahaha!! Yes, I can personally attest that the Underwood Xtreme Penetrator/Defender rounds, cooking off at a whopping 1400 feet per second, will go straight through flesh and bone in an amazingly efficient manner. Three months out and my ankle is almost back to normal, albeit with pretty cool entry and exit wound scars.

DunRanull likes this.
  4. DunRanull

DunRanull
    southern Colorado, small city bordering where mtns

Google it. Lions are seen, photographed, and leave kills in Kansas altho there is "No proof that they are reproducing in Kansas"- or so the "experts" say.. Considering the available food supply it would be surprising if there werent...

wp4 and Inquisitor like this.
  5. Inquisitor

Inquisitor
    Kansas

The problem is that all the Cougars verified are males (probably young males looking for new territory). It's tough to reproduce without females!

6. BillGabby1

BillGabby1
    SW Oregon,from, AZ

Now Bubba THAT takes BALLS, just remember if momma aint happy aint nobody happy! :eek:

LOL :D
    Gabby

Joe13 likes this.
  7. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver
    Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

Lived and been out in the stix to long to think going without a long gun and hand gun is a good idea.

My wife may object but we both have our skill sets and trust the other person.

My skill set just includes way more time in the boonies then her. I'm comfortable with other people being uncomfortable with me carrying a shotgun on my shoulder.

I'd most likely avoid taking an AR as I'm not out to scare people, but I won't be a mountain lions dinner either;):D

8. BillGabby1

BillGabby1
    SW Oregon,from, AZ

I think your choice of a fast handling scatter gun with double 0 buck would be on the money for lion, they are extremely fast and very quiet, keep your head on a swivel. I don't walk in our woods anymore, too slow, and can't hear worth a crap too many rounds down range, and hours riding a noisy diesel of one kind or other.
    You might want to do as the AZ Hwy Patrol, did in my day, every other round a slug, just in case that lion is actually a hungry bear, don'tcha know. :rolleyes::D
    Gabby

AndyinEverson and Joe13 like this.