JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
+3 Kahr. I love the pm40 so I'd imagine the pm9 is just as nice or any of the slightly larger 9mm Kahrs. Ruger LC9, KelTec PF9, S&W 908, S&W 439 are nice slender single stacks too. I think someone on here is selling a 439 atm. If you want something a little bigger but not huge, SR9C or Glock 19. I usually don't like the feel of most of the guns that men suggest for me, so like a bunch of people already said, just let them look around and try stuff out for themselves.

Full size and double stack = Walther P99 and Taurus 24/7 OSS. The Walther will run a little over $500.

Compact and quality = Sig P239. This might run a little over $500 too.

In a compact, hard to beat the PPS, shoots like a full frame 9mm with a very crisp trigger pul. Only down side is the mag capacity, when I carry 6+1 or 7+1 depending on the mag.

I agree the kahr pm9 is a great gun, my buddy packs the 9mm and is happy with it. It is a bit expensive but a high quality gun.
Plus the stainless is sweet.
You can find them used for 500.00

Bersa BP9CC. New polymer frame carry 9mm from probably the most underrated firearms manufacturer. 8+1 capacity, striker fired, locked breech, polygonally rifled barrel, .94" max width, excellent fit/finish/machining. Just arriving statewide after being on the market for two years in.South America, so all the bugs are worked out.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1330635627262.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1330635650705.jpg

My brother owns a P22 made by walther. While the men in this forum would consider that to be a shameful gun for a man to own, or at the very least a womans gun, it is enjoyable to shoot. Its rounds are super cheap, and just ask Trooper Coates about his encounter with a .22 bullet which he didnt survive.

I think a P22 would be a great firearm for the women in your family. Ive fired it and it is pretty fun to shoot, u can knock off the entire magazine so quick, its shameful how small it is, they should of gone with a double stacked magazine.

I know this thread is about 9mm firearms, but I found the p22 to be a decent enough firearm to be at least worth suggesting.

If you're not dead set on 9mm, and they're just going to plink and have fun with it, I second his recommendation. ^^^

They make em in a lot of fun colors too. :)

I don't have very big hands and love 9mm guns. My FN FNS fits my hands perfectly if you like striker fire guns. Much better then my G17. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The P22 is a great gun but even better with a can on it.
That is what I started my daughter on.
If you have a P22 you need to get a suppressor for it.
When you are getting kids or new shooters started it makes it so easy.
Charger

P22 might even work in a self-defense role, after all it still counts as a firearm. I don't think it would be quite as likely to kill your target as a concealed Glock 30, but you could knock off the magazine real fast (spray) and then run in the opposite direction of your attacker to get away. He would have enuff .22's in him, it might stop the threat.

It was one of the firearms used in the VT massacre, but only accounted for like 2 out of the 31 deaths.

I went shooting yesterday, and due to my LG402 grips for my Beretta M9, I have to squeeze kind of hard, between that and loading each new magazine, my hand was getting tired (also due to how seldom I shoot) so Id take a break and load up a couple of the P22's magazines and empty them real fast just for fun. I couldn't hit things too accurately, I think its barrel length is 3" or so, but I could spray the paper target with bullets very quickly.

If you haven't tried the Walther PPQ... I highly suggest it. When I first held and fired one it felt like the second coming of Christ. :s0155:

And yes I have tried A LOT of 9mm's... (M&P, Glock, XD, SIG, HK).

(Although an HK P30 is very similar in terms of feel, it comes nowhere near the PPQ's excellent trigger).

If you haven't tried the Walther PPQ... I highly suggest it. When I first held and fired one it felt like the second coming of Christ. :s0155:

And yes I have tried A LOT of 9mm's... (M&P, Glock, XD, SIG, HK).

(Although an HK P30 is very similar in terms of feel, it comes nowhere near the PPQ's excellent trigger).

Agreed the PPQ feels amazing in my hand. I thought my M&P was nice, but the PPQ feels like it was molded for my hand.

Thanks for all the recommendations.
I stopped by the Gun Broker and checked out several guns.
The Walter did feel very good we will go by the range on 82nd st and try some.
That will be the true test.
Thanks Charger

The XdM has a pretty small grip and adjustable backstraps for smaller mitts as well. I know. I have a 3.8 compact in 9mm and little girly hands. Shoots awesome too

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top