JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a H & K USP 9 but the grip is too big for my wife and daughter.
So they are looking for a Compact or full size 9mm striker or SA/DA with a smaller grip.
Looking in the 500$ range. Double stacks should be ok but need to be on the smaller side.
Any recommendations.
Thanks Charger

I have a Walther PPS that I like. It's a single stack. Thin. Sort of Glock-like, with weight similar to a G26. Reliable right out of the box.

IMG_3686-2.jpg

Sig 239 is my GF's favorite.
The Kahr is about the right size for many of our better halves, and theres a lighter spring set available. My gf's complaint after checking one of those out was the difficulty in manipulating the slide.

Look at the SR9 and the XDm.

The SR9 is really thin for a double stack and the XDm has a pretty short reach to the trigger. My wife likes both of those grips. I have also heard that Hi-Powers are good for small hands, but no personal experience.

KelTec PF9 ($250 at NW Armory) is good for small hands (plus it is very thin .88" wide). My wife and I are loving ours. Using that with a Remora holster (IWB no clips - $29.95) and it is sweet.

+1 for Kahr. The CW9 (I think) is the perfect gun.

Add a $10 Hogue grip to it and you're done.

+2 for a Kahr. My GF is 5'2 100lbs and carrys a Kahr P9 IWB. Very comfortable for her and shoots awesome. Trigger pull is great and its a very light little pistol. With a full mag it weighs about the same as my G26 did empty...

I own the Sig 239 & the LC9. I would have her handle both of these. The LC9 feels more compact but the Sig is quite comfortable in my hands, and while I am by no means as accurate as I will someday be, the Sig is a better shooter.

Also have her take a look at the SR9C. - I used my husband's when I took my class and it/I were pretty good!

Wifey

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads