JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
  1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Seems fishy. Since when does Fed HST SD JHP come loose with no "federal" packaging whatsoever? Who buys SD ammo loose.. no matter how much the savings?

Wants my email for "age verification" just to visit the site? As if I must be over 21 simply because I have an email address? They got me though. I gave em my "emailjusttolook -at- fu -dot- com" addy. I hope they don't spam me now. ;)

All considered... smells off, to me.

Seems fishy. Since when does Fed HST SD JHP come loose with no "federal" packaging whatsoever? Who buys SD ammo loose.. no matter how much the savings?
I was tempted, but like I said, I have .40 conversions for most of my 9mm guns (or vice versa) so I have subsonic ammo by default (and more effective IMO).

As for loose ammo - I prefer to have it in the original boxes. For one thing, IME, if corrosion starts on the ammo, it spreads to adjacent ammo when it is loose ammo. While carboard boxes do absorb moisture, I have seen less corrosion of ammo in boxes than in loose ammo. Also, I prefer the boxes to tell me what the ammo is, its lot number/etc., and I find it a lot easier to store/move/use ammo in boxes than loose. Also, I know exactly how much ammo I have when it is in boxes vs. loose - I have to guess with the latter, or weight it.

Then yes, there is the issue of the source of the ammo; is it reloaded? Is it rejects? Why is it loose, especially when it is "premium" ammo like Federal HST? I think there is a reasonable explanation, but it makes me wonder.

But to each their own...

It is a good price. It it were 124 gr I would have jumped on it. Most of my 9mmm ammo is 115gr, but I am moving to 124gr because I can get it at the same velocities (or even more) as 115gr.

Velocity Ammo is great to deal with. It's LE contract overrun. I bought 1,000k rounds of Speer Gold Dot from them about a year ago. Showed at my doorstep within about five days of ordering. Wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy from them again.

As for loose ammo - I prefer to have it in the original boxes. For one thing, IME, if corrosion starts on the ammo, it spreads to adjacent ammo when it is loose ammo. While carboard boxes do absorb moisture, I have seen less corrosion of ammo in boxes than in loose ammo. Also, I prefer the boxes to tell me what the ammo is, its lot number/etc., and I find it a lot easier to store/move/use ammo in boxes than loose. Also, I know exactly how much ammo I have when it is in boxes vs. loose - I have to guess with the latter, or weight it.

Comes in an ammo can, so I don't see how moving it or storing it could be a problem. Pretty easy to take a Sharpie and write what's inside the can...

Velocity Ammo is great to deal with. It's LE contract overrun. I bought 1,000k rounds of Speer Gold Dot from them about a year ago. Showed at my doorstep within about five days of ordering. Wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy from them again.
I'm not sure I buy that. LE get's their ammo in boxes the same as everyone else and federal has a huge commercial market. It makes no sense they would have "overrun" on a LE order that would be sold loose bulk... because they had no other purpose for it... vs. just packaging it and diverting it to commercial sales.

Factory seconds I would believe. In that case I wouldn't want to rely on it for SD loads... and if it's only suitable for range ammo... I wouldn't want to be paying $.60/rd for range ammo.

Just me, but it doesn't seem to be what it is being represented as. Premium "new factory loads" simply bulk packed by the mfg for savings. Even then... it would be marked by the mfg accordingly.

Believe what you want, it's all been hashed out and documented. It's factory ammo and Federal doesn't sell "seconds".
I would be more than happy to see where it's been hashed out and documented. All the average Joe can see is what's listed on their website description... and it doesn't include any details.

All I know is that I have bought Federal ammo of various types and calibers and have never once ever seen or heard of their factory new SD ammo EVER being sold loose/bulk in unmarked ammo cans.

Loose in bulk on range ammo in certain calibers yes.. but that was clearly marked from the mfg in cardboard case form.

Then don't buy any, no one's forcing you.
I appreciate your permission. :s0140:

The point in posting and opening the discussion is so others are aware or that might have additional information to provide as to what it actually is. IE., Someone that's bought the same before and can shed light on what they actually received.

You have my permission to do you, too. It's only fair!🤪

It's contract overrun exactly as stated and you seem to be the only one discussing it. Sold out until next time.
Take it personally, much? 🤣

The only mention of factory overrun is in the Q&A section, not advertised as such and you can always believe exactly what someone wanting to sell something for profit might say... and that the C.S. person answering the questions actually knows what they are talking about... right?

For what it's worth... I used federals 1-800 number and spoke to CS. Wanna know what they said when asked about loose HST ammo?? "None of our premium ammo is sold in loose packaging" and wanted to know where I saw it so they could follow up.

I also noticed that they are the only retailer selling it. If it was from the mfg it's likely other retailers would also have access to it and sell it.

None of it is 100% definitive, but when you see red flags and something appears to be too good to be true... it usually is.

If you're happy with it... enjoy and move on!:s0155:

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top