JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the best? says who?

<broken link removed>

"Who" is all of the govt. and law enforcement agencies who did more tests than just gello, such as barrier penetration of walls, car doors and windshields. Corbon DPX rounds do not deform when going through barriers, and only expand when meeting soft tissue, reliably. Of course, that issue is not so important for self-defense civilian shooters who are unlikely to ever need to shoot through cars. As I said, ALL of the major brand name self-defense rounds are excellent.......................elsullo

Hornady Critical Defense gets my vote as my thought on defensive handgun ammo.

I second that as do several area Law Enforcement Agencies.

Personally, I say find a premium round your pistol cycles well and provides reasonable accuracy. Then practice with it, a lot.

No matter what round you use it only counts if you can hit your target with your chosen defense package.

Mind, Body, Firearm and Bullet. Putting the bullet on target, in a high stress environment, is the result of everything else working like it should.

Just my .02

Just bought my first 9mm, and wondering what to use for it. I'm planning on making it my EDC once I shoot a few hundred through it. I use the Winchester PDX in my .40 and like them a lot, but am wondering about the Remmy golden sabres.

Thoughts?
Use something in the 45 acp type of ammo. 9mm is a wussie round for the limp wristed element. Larger hole means faster bleed-out. Greydog. :)

Hornady Critical Defense in my .380 & .45ACP, since it was designed and tested to go through thick clothing and other barriers without clogging.

If I still had my PF-9, it would be Hornady in it too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show