9mm carry piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
I need a carry pistol. I own several fullsizes and my XD40 is just too heavy. I'd like something small, light and a known good carrypiece. I have $300 spending limit. Local WA ftf sales, I am from tacoma to seattle area.

Looking for:

S&W 915
Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro (want the DA/SA not the DAO version)
XD9 sc
Ruger P95
Bersa's
Kel-Tec PF9
Kel-Tec P11
Ruger LC9
other small framed 9x19mm carry guns

Reactions
It would appear that you are looking for a semi-auto pistol with a revolver budget. You won't be real happy with a lot of the "sub $300" offerings if you intend to actually shoot it a lot. But then there's always Hi-Point. They may be ugly but they are surprisingly reliable. Their 9mm offering would leave you money left over to even buy a decent holster. You'd just have to ignore all the BS from your friends though.

OP
S
Reactions
I've actually had 5 hi points now and I have had no complaints whatsoever short of looks. Two c9's, one 45 and two 995s. For the money they just can't be beat for plinking. hating on hipoints is for snobs. I own $600 handguns and $100 handguns. both work the same.

anyway thanks for the input, i actually looked into the khars. I have more money to play around with than $300 but if i'm going to spend $500 on a carry piece I think it would be a G26. I want one of the subcompact pocket guns that I can wear and forget about (kel-tecs, lc9 etc). I love my XD40 but I just feel it's too bulky for concealment. its meant to be a dutybelt /range type of weapon. maybe the SC model but mines the 4" service grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom