JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well short of the de-cocker (only used on double action pistols) I really like my M&P compact. I have had it for about a year and a half now. It is pretty much my full time carry. I used to switch between a full size in the winter and a pocket pistol in the summer.

I carry in a Comp Tac IWB holster and love the combo.

I have over 1k though it and no problems so far. It is very accurate and the recoil feels very light even compared to my full size 9mm's.

I've kind of been in the market for a compact 9mm too and while it doesn't have a decocker, I've been leaning heavily towards a Ruger SR9c. I keep hearing good things about the compact version and the price is right at about $400.

If a de-cocker is real important to you for some reason, I'd go with a Sig.

Whatever you choose make sure you get a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe!

I am an xd freak. I have three and love them. I carry a "service" model I chopped to a sub-compact grip length. I added Big dot sights and a spring kit from canyon creek and have several thousand rounds through it. I don't think you can go wrong with Glock, XD(or XDM), or M&P. more after market parts and proven reliability. I don't like the de-cocker and all the double-single action stuff. Remember KISS. try all three and buy whichever one fits your hand best, then go shoot the c--p out of it.:s0155:

I'm an XD fan as well...they're just a little on the thick side for my carry tastes. I'll look into the Sigs...I wasn't aware they had a decocking lever.

I've kind of been in the market for a compact 9mm too and while it doesn't have a decocker, I've been leaning heavily towards a Ruger SR9c. I keep hearing good things about the compact version and the price is right at about $400.
+1 on the SR9C, true it doesn't have a decocker, but it does have a thumb safety. AND a pop-up 'round in the chamber' indicator on top of the slide (the red thingy in the pic, sorry it's a bit obscured by my 'stache). So I carry it with one in the chamber and the safety on... and of course I practice at the range flipping the safety off and firing. I sold my Kahr CW9 to buy this, I personally prefer the trigger feel and capacity (comes with both 10 and 17(!!) round magazines). It is thinner than an XD (which are still really great guns), and super easy to conceal, even on a 5'7" 140lb dood like me. Here's a pic of how I carry it, you can see the thumb safety on & the round-in-the-chamber indicator.
Dunno if any of this helps ya:huh: but hope it might...
as-carried.jpg

Springfield XD9SC. I carry it easily concealed, the wife also carrys her own XD9SC easily. They have both benn perfectly reliable, accurate and light. And, right now (through December 31) Springfield has a deal that they will send you three additional magazines and a carrier when you buy a new XD.

Springfield Armory

I like my S&W'S have a 3913 light weight single stack and a decocker.
also have a CS9 that really feels good in my hand its's a decocker and single stack.
I think the 3913 is the slimmer of the two. Take a look on the S&W site to see if you like them.

I think he's talking single stack thin. Take a look at the Kahr PM9..No decocker, but a long smooth triger pull. And at 14oz's dry, you won't know it's there until you need it.

Good Morning I had 2 xd's, 9mmsc and 45 tactical but I had a friend that let me shoot his Springfield EMP...well I sold the 2 xd's and now have and emp and do not regret it. Its a bit steep on the price, but I liked it that much. Good Luck:)

I carry a Smith And Wesson Sigma 9mm (much lighter than my Ruger P89 and very easy to carry) but I am currently leaning towards a Kel-Tec PF9. Check it out, The price is reasonable, the reviews are good and the size and weight are very nice :s0155:

I think he's talking single stack thin. Take a look at the Kahr PM9..No decocker, but a long smooth triger pull. And at 14oz's dry, you won't know it's there until you need it.

Exactly, spot on!

I'll take a look at the Sigs and I have been checking out the Kahr, its pretty nice. As far as the HK, its a little too thick but it is exactly what I'm looking for function wise.

Thanks for all the recommendations!

I carry a Ruger SR9C with the 10 round magazine and flat floorplate in a Blackhawk! leather IWB holster for a Glock 27. Hoping to upgrade to a Crossbreed Supertuck in the near future. Like atypicalparkie, I carry it with a round in the chamber and the safety on. Taking the safety off is part of my draw procedure, such that the safety is off and the gun is ready to fire when the sights come on target. It gives me 2-3" quick-fire offhand groups at 10 yards. Put 600 rounds through it an only had one stovepipe about 200 rounds into a range session.

Caveat: I've only been carrying for a little over a month.

Greg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top