JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im looking for a 9mm carbine like a ruger pc9 any one know if any other companies make something along same lines?

Or anyone that makes something like a mini 14 that's more accurate In 223 or 308

I just want something 16 inch semi auto and in a hunting rifle style stock

Beretta Storm for new style.

Sterling carbine or Uzi for old school.

I went old school.

bsw_with_uzi_18jun10_1.jpg

H

There is always the marlin camp 9 has the same style stock as a PC9 but takes SW 59 mags (up to 30 rounders) they aren't made anymore but there are still plenty of them out there.

Also the Kel-tec Sub 2000 (which isn't really in a hunting style though) is by all accounts an excellent 9mm carbine as well.

A storm wouldn't be bad either if you make the alterations for it to accept 92 series mags. Otherwise you're stuck with the Px4 mags.

Well--I don't own one, but they review well and are cheap (flame suit on)-----Hi-Point.
There is also the MechTech carbine conversion if you happen to have
a spare 9mm pistol laying around.

I bought a beat up Hi-Point carbine off Craigslist for $75.00. It had a broken trigger, cracked stock and a broken sear spring.
I called up Hi-point and with their transferable lifetime warranty, they sent me free of charge, a new original stock, sear spring, trigger group, recoil spring and for just asking, a new magazine, plus free shipping. Very simple to take apart and replace all the parts and the Hi-point company was the easiest and nicest gun company I have ever had to deal with.
It's a great plinker for the money and very accurate with the factory peep sites.

Or anyone that makes something like a mini 14 that's more accurate In 223 or 308

M1A/M-14 from Springfield, Smith Ent., Fulton, etc. They are available from 16" to 24"
Since the Mini-14 is supposedly Rugers idea of a M-14 in .223

Olympic Arms made an AR-15 that took glock mags. I don't know if they are still making them or if they are for sale anywhere.

I have a Kel-Tec Sub-2000 and I love it. I was unsure whether or not I liked the design and looks but if you dress them up a bit with the available accessories from Kel-tec and other aftermarket outlets, they really look sharp. The weight and the fact that they fold in half so you can throw it in a backpack are features that make me love the Sub-2000. Also, they are more accurate than I ever expected. It is a real tack driver! The stock sights work great or you can throw a red dot or scope on them quite easily. Lastly, the capability to have compatible magazines with common handguns like the glocks, s&w 52, beretta 92, and sig 226 makes it a no brainer. For the money, they are one **** of a gun!

DSC_9754.jpg

I concur with the previous posts on the Kel Tec. I too was looking for a 9mm carbine and always thought I wanted a Ruger PC9 - until I held and shot one. No question about the PC9's quality but a bit on the 'clunky' side. I decided on a Camp 9 but then I handled and shot a Kel Tec Sub 2K and decided it is what I wanted and one came along for a good price. It took a little 'tuning' to get it to cycle and feed properly but light reloads were most of the problem and not the gun I discovered later but there are some universal and simple things that will improve any Sub 2K. Accurate beyond what I expected but the front sight is the Achilles heel to the Sub 2K but it can be changed.

I have a PC4 (.40 vesion of the pc9) a camp 9 and a hi point.
The high point is the least friendly ONLY because of the magazine/magazine release.
Th ruger is BY FAR the heaviest, and most stout of the 3.
The guy that designed the Ruger PC used to be on the ruger forum, and he basically said he designed it to be tank. And it is.
All 3 are really accurate, as far as I've shot them, out to 50 yards, the Ruger being the best of the bunch off a rest.
Shoulder firing, standing, the ghost rings on the ruger and hi point are similair, but the ruger's is a little easier to aquire target with, I think more for the style of rifle that it is than anything. The standard blade sights on the marlin with the orange plastic front bead is nice as well.

The Police Carbine is probably the best for any sort of tactical/tacticool/uber ninja stuff, and I REALLY like mine. Even knowing that I over paid for it. The mag sharing with the P series pistols is AWEFUL handy, too.
On the other side of the hat.... I'm into the hi point for 140? bucks with an ATI stock.

The guy that designed the Ruger PC used to be on the ruger forum, and he basically said he designed it to be tank. And it is.

Did he also say why the trigger pull on the ruger PC carbines is like 24lbs?

I had a PC9 and trigger was heavy and crap. Guys would try to shoot it and think the safety was still on the trigger was so heavy.

On the plus side, I sold the PC9 and got enough cash to score the Uzi in the pic, so the PC9 wasn't wasted.

H