JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has anyone seen any 380 ACP in stores? I swear there is none in the western Washington state area. I did buy 9mm Winchester today at Big 5, $32 for 100 round box.

A couple weeks ago I was in Elko Nevada elk hunting with my son. We stopped in a local gun store. They had some 380 auto and I bought it for the wife and her little Sig pocket pistol. I must have 500 rounds of that cartridge now, most of it was bought five years ago when Walmart carried and sold Perfecta ammo.

Making my rounds this morning and I saw that NW Armory in Tigard had a bunch of Remington 9mm 115gr? FMJ available, $20 for a box of 50 so $.40 a round.
They were sold out, but B-Mart told me they had Blazer 9mm for 11.35 a box? I missed some by 5 min.
Wouldn't it be nice if availability is improving and prices are going down!

NW Armory has a crap ton of 9mm in stock. As you stated, they are price gouging because they can. I found 9mm at Fisherman's Marine and Bi-Mart recently, both for reasonable prices. Bi-Mart doesn't gouge, they just sell. NW Armory and Oregon Rifleworks who is also price gouging have lost my business for good over this.

I just got an email this morning from "Sportsman's Guide" saying they have 9mm 124gr ammo in stock. I didn't order because my member price is over $.70 a round. You have to respect Bi-Mart for holding the line on ammo prices.

NW Armory has a crap ton of 9mm in stock. As you stated, they are price gouging because they can. I found 9mm at Fisherman's Marine and Bi-Mart recently, both for reasonable prices. Bi-Mart doesn't gouge, they just sell. NW Armory and Oregon Rifleworks who is also price gouging have lost my business for good over this.

For months on end they sold S&B brass 9mm for $150/1000 when ammo was cheap. They are just following market price, and now, if you really need it they have it while others do not. If they were still selling at pre-panic prices they would be out of stock just like everyone else and they would see their profit being taken by the people selling here in the classified section. I do not fault them for their current pricing. Margins are thin, so make money when you can. They are nowhere near the prices of some on-line sellers and they have a storefront to pay for. When things settle out and they offer ammo cheap again I will buy it from them. I bought many cases from them when it was piled high and dirt cheap so I can wait. Getting you feelings hurt when the gun world is in panic mode for the 100th time is not the way to live.

Peppridge Farm remembers...

1604165143666.png

For months on end they sold S&B brass 9mm for $150/1000 when ammo was cheap. They are just following market price, and now, if you really need it they have it while others do not. If they were still selling at pre-panic prices they would be out of stock just like everyone else and they would see their profit being taken by the people selling here in the classified section. I do not fault them for their current pricing. Margins are thin, so make money when you can. They are nowhere near the prices of some on-line sellers and they have a storefront to pay for. When things settle out and they offer ammo cheap again I will buy it from them. I bought many cases from them when it was piled high and dirt cheap so I can wait. Getting you feelings hurt when the gun world is in panic mode for the 100th time is not the way to live.

Peppridge Farm remembers...

View attachment 770266
My feelings aren't hurt. I simply give my business to those places that hold the line on prices well after the crisis is/are over.

Those of us who prepared should remember that there are many people who were not 21 until this year and couldn't buy handguns or handgun ammo to stock up. Some people couldn't afford to stock up when prices were low but have better jobs now. I don't look condescendingly on people who are buying now.

I paid $5 for my BiMart membership about 30 years ago. That comes to about 17 cents per year. I figure it's been worth it. :) I believe that a membership is technically required for entrance, like Costco, but the only times I've ever been asked to show a membership card were- 1. on rare occasion they've gotten strict about showing your card to enter, 2. when writing a check (who writes checks nowadays?), and 3. returns; you have to have a membership to return anything.

The other thing to remember is that for a store like BiMart, ammo sales are a very small percentage of total business. If the shelves sit empty for months on end, their business as a whole doesn't suffer.

For a small gun shop, ammo sales are an important part of their business, not only as a percentage of sales, but also an important service to their firearm buyers. It would stink to sell a customer a new gun, and not have any ammo to go with it, at any price. They may also have to pay more than BiMart does to get a steady supply. Having empty ammo shelves is going to hurt a gun shop a lot more than it hurts a store like BiMart.

If I had a gun shop and sold ammo, I think I would price it such that it was a better deal for customers than the outrageous prices elsewhere, but not cheap enough that scalpers would clean it out any time there was stock on the shelves. Unfortunately that price would have to be a lot higher than BiMart. Maybe a discount for gun buyers?

They're acting super sketchy. I wouldn't be surprised if they're just saying no to every call asking about ammo. I've never been asked for a Bi-Mart card to buy ammo before (I bought 2 boxes less than 2 weeks ago).
I bought some ammo from that woodstock location years ago and the older hippie broad I got to grudgingly help me thought she was a co-conspirator in a murder or something.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top