9mm Availability Update

Reactions
The problem isn't political per se. Its a supply chain issue and the administration will have little effect. I don't see things changing anytime soon. Why would the manufacturers do anything that would cause them to get less $ for their products. And if we accept the current assertion that there are many more gun owners, it will be even more difficult to get & keep product on the shelves.

The problem isn't political per se. Its a supply chain issue and the administration will have little effect. I don't see things changing anytime soon. Why would the manufacturers do anything that would cause them to get less $ for their products. And if we accept the current assertion that there are many more gun owners, it will be even more difficult to get & keep product on the shelves.
Its still panic buying. Talked with a customer from CO. the other day that said he saw two boxes of .44mag on the shelf at a farm supply, so he bought both. The only thing is he does not have a .44 Mag.:rolleyes: He felt he "had to buy them" and "may get a .44" or just use them for trading. Bottom line he bought something just because it's in short supply.o_O. This behavior is across the board and where it all goes until the supply can catch up, and it becomes "surplus" or normal inventory. Based on the last shortage it will take a bit. Even if next week goes our way, it will take months if not a full yr for it to calm down.

osprey

Reactions
I remember from the last scare some of the mechanics of why the manufacturers don’t really ever meet demand in times like this. It would not make sense to put in additional equipment and hire more people as they know the bottom will eventually fall out again. They may put on extra shifts and put an emphasis on certain calibers that have higher profit margins but they will never truly be able to fully meet the demand in crazy times like this. Me, I am only after a few loading supplies as I see them available at fair prices. I will wait to buy factory ammo when this insanity subsides a bit.

arakboss

Reactions
If a President gets elected who plans to restrict ammo sales online, you can be sure it will be a political problem causing another wave of panic buying.

"End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts."

OP
C

chbillups

Reactions
If a President gets elected who plans to restrict ammo sales online, you can be sure it will be a political problem causing another wave of panic buying.

"End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts."
I just read that on Biden’ s platform. I can’t see that as a good solution to anything. We will have to watch for that if he makes the cut.

Reactions
Got a couple of 50 round Federal White box training ammo 115gr 9mm at Bi Mart in Scappoose yesterday. $13 per......

Lucky timing I guess. My buddy got 2 for me as well, since he doesn't have a 9mm.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

Reactions
Today I went to BiMart and bought (with the help of my Daughter) 2 boxes of Blazer 115 9mm ($11.79 per) and 4 150 rnd boxes of Federal American Eagle 5.56 ($65 per) and 2 150 rnd boxes of Frontier 223 ( $67.97)

Then went to Black Sheep in CdA and bought 8 boxes of Blazer 9mm @ $19.95.

90% of that is for friends and family.

Reactions
Its still panic buying.
Not really. Again, We have alot of newbies that have come to the fold. Is it "panic buying" to want ammo for your newly acquired PDW?

Maybe your friend is doing that, but not me. All the stuff that I bought today, 10% will stay in my safe. I only buy if its a reasonable deal.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
Top Bottom