JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought a new pistol that I need to put through it's break-in and make sure there isn't anything wrong with it, but I can't get ammo (as we all know). I hate paying scalper prices, but I am willing to pay a LITTLE more than the shelf prices to get some ammo. That being said, I will pay up to $80 for 300 rounds of 9mm (that's going off the fact that 100-round bulk packs are roughly $20-23 each). That's a profit of at least $11 for whoever can sell them to me. If you happen to have more than 300 rounds, I will pay up to an additional $20 per 100 additional rounds. For example, I'd be willing to pay $120 for 500 rounds.

Also, depending on what they are, I'd like to get some defense rounds as well. But again, I'm not wanting to pay much over the shelf price.

Thanks guys and gals

Good Luck, I Heard, did not see.. in PDX, at NW armory, they had some S&B 9mm @ 15$/box 50 limit 4 boxes, all gone now..? That $300/1000. About what componets now cost to reload. If you have any brass to load, I can do for about $34/100

Last Edited:
Thanks for the offer, but I'm saving up brass anyways to start doing my own reloading.... I just need the brass to start with! I'm really just wanting cheap factory loads that will let me break in the gun and I'll reload later (with some of them being defense rounds). The issue right now is scalpers hoping to make a quick buck and screwing the rest of us over. I will NEVER pay double what a box is worth. And I've been seeing some that are trying to sell as high as triple the value

Before you decide to reload you need to research the costs associated with reloading for yourself. At today's component pricing you can expect to pay .08 each for brass, .05 each for primers, .08 ea for bullets and approx. .02 a round for powder depending on cartridge and then you need to buy reloading press, scale, dies (for each caliber), powder measure, calipers, reloading book and others I may have left out. Thats .24 each just to buy the components! Not to mention the wealth of experience you NEED to make reliable and safe rounds. ITS not as easy as you THINK!!
So considering offers from others are not to far out of bounds considering the state of ammunition and reloading component pricing.

JM2CW.

WOWZER, Right on ruger45blackhawk...!!!. 9mm Bullets are today at Precision Delta not less than 91$/1000.. up another penny minimum. Small pistol primers have disappeared, and the brass scene is not pretty. A good reloading book is 25->100$ or you need a laptop on your reloading bench..w/wi-fi. A good scale, I like electronic digital, is a must, case gauges are almost without hesitation a required tool, and then the reloading equipment. Minimum of 250-1000$. Oh, a primer tool, a flip tray for primers, and bullet puller.. This just for starters on any caliber. Thus reloading is an expensive hobby at best, and a considerable cost if followed as you, I, and many on this forum do. Starting today, I would probably have less guns, no reloading equipment and buy ammo when funds were available.. But.. I am already committed and addicted.. so.. here we are.. thanks again Happy

A good/reliable balance beam scale starts around $50.00 and then again you need double check your readings. Scale check weights are in order too! You will need at least 2 reloading books (NEW) to cross reference the data you might consider. I myself like the Speer #14 and Lyman books. Read and then re-read to comprehend the info B4 your start this endeavor! Good re-loading to you when you can find the components?

FWIW, I paid $23.00 a box for S&B 115gr. FMJ at the LGS and $19.00 a box for Speer 124gr. GDHP's last month. This is in Grants Pass. Nothing at Walmart and BiMart is catch as catch can.

Tula .380 was $24.50 for a box of 50 FMJ. :s0131:

I was able to pick up 500 rounds of bulk 9mm at Wally World for $22.99/100 plus 8% tax, total $124.15

Since sold my nine.

I understand wanting to not get taken by scalpers, but at $120/500 you're trying to take money out of my pocket. No thanks.

I managed to get 250 rounds from a local (to me) reloading company. But I wouldn't mind another 100-200. I'd be willing to pay $25-30/100 depending on quality/brand. I AM still looking for defense rounds. Price negotiable depending on type/quality offered.

To ruger45blackhawk.... I'm familiar with reloading. I used to help my dad with it but he sold all his equipment a few years ago.

Thats why I shoot 22's most of the time and stocked up on Federal 22 ammo..

I shoot my 9 when I find ammo cheap. I get lucky with my early morning Wal Mart stops now and then.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top