JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, these are 9mm direct-blowback guns. Building up a carbine and a pistol and wondering which will be worst for "gas in the face" issues when using a suppressor.
The shorter the barrel, the more overall gas to capture, cool and release.

So yes, the pistol, may be more gassy!

Pistol big gas....
THEY ARE EXPENSIVE, THAT SUCKS
BUY A PRI GAS BUSTER CH. ELIMINATE THE BURNT WINCE EXPERIENCE. $85.00
LAST FOREVER SHOOTING ROCKS
I HAVE YET TO MAKE ONE SLOPPY

Easiest solution is titegroup powder, 147gr seeds, 45cal suppressor; no blowback yet. The gas buster CH might help but the easier and cleaner solution is what I mentioned. I ran my 300blk full auto suppressed with a class 3 buddy and while everything worked great, the inside of my AR pistol was the filthiest mess I've ever seen. The suppressor was a horror to clean.

It's the biggest problem with guns that sh!t where they eat.

An adjustable gas block and suppressor optimized charging handle can mitigate this problem to an extent, but a low-blowback suppressor is your best defense.

Have both. When using clean suppressor ammo 145+gran the smoke isn't bad at all. Has a lot to do with what ammo you use.

The worse idea I had was threading and suppressing a Carbine 30. Three shots and I was almost blind. Took me 3-4 months to get it threaded and 3-4 mins to see it was a fail.

I'm just curious if anyone here has experience with both long and short barrel suppressed pistol-caliber ARs. I've heard about the "gas in face" issue and was wondering if it is worse with a pistol barrel or carbine barrel?
I have a 9mm AR that uses Glock mags. It has a 6.5" barrel with an integral SRT silencer on it. I run 115gr bullets over Titegroup (I will have to look at my load book, but I think 3.5gr).

I have never had a gas issue. Then again I have not on any of my silenced guns.

100% my .30 Carbine suppressed experience.
I have debated doing a 30 carbine suppressed. Never enough to chop up an m1 carbine, but I wonder if with different powders it would be different. Then again, that is kind of a wide open area for gas to vent.

The taccom3g magnetic delayed blowback does help gas a bit on a direct blowback 9mm. Titegroup helps more. My 4.5 inch sbr which is rh and I shoot lh is very tolerable suppressed with Titegroup

I have debated doing a 30 carbine suppressed. Never enough to chop up an m1 carbine, but I wonder if with different powders it would be different. Then again, that is kind of a wide open area for gas to vent.

The taccom3g magnetic delayed blowback does help gas a bit on a direct blowback 9mm. Titegroup helps more. My 4.5 inch sbr which is rh and I shoot lh is very tolerable suppressed with Titegroup
I SBR'ed a repro and threaded it. It is against my religion to mutilate a proper mil-surp.

.30 carbine is one of the few rounds I dont load for.

I SBR'ed a repro and threaded it. It is against my religion to mutilate a proper mil-surp.

.30 carbine is one of the few rounds I dont load for.
Its an easy one to load for. (and tite group has loads for it which would likely be very low on gas.
I have one that a company that made receivers and assembled them out of parts kits made. So it is a mostly mil surpish. I guess it hasn't ever been a priority as I suppress all the other guns.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top