JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you have the Toolcraft 9mm bolt?
I am looking to put together a 9mm 16inch upper that can be used on a standard lower. I could use either Endomag or a glock magwell adapter. I would prefer to use Endomag since it will be easier going back and forth when using lower with standard mags and uppers.

Edit: I also have M&P 9mm mags, so I could use a magwell adapter that works with those.

Last Edited:
I have a couple Endomag kits and a Stern Defense Glock adaptor. They are both collecting dust at the moment. If either of those interest you, I give you a deal on them. PM me and we can go from there.

They each have there pros and cons.

Pros:

Endo:

Gives you the same feel as a standard AR.
Can use the same mag pouches/carriers as standard .223/5.56. The kits are relatively cheap if you already own Pmags, so if you decide to move on from them, it won't break the bank.

Stern Defense:

It's quality. Several models for the most popular guns (most peeps use Glock mags) and who doesn't own a ton of Glock mags.
Easy to install and remove.

Cons:

Endo:

The conversion feels cheap. The ejector is part of the feed lip and is plastic (I had no issues with mine).
Unloading a chambered round is a little different. Since the ejector is part of the mag, you must leave the mag in while removing the round in the chamber. Not a deal breaker but a negative in my book none the less....

Stern Defense:

The adaptor slides up into the magwell and locks in place with the mag release. You then tighten up the set screws on the bottom of it to snug it all up. Because of that, the mag release is located on the bottom edge of the adaptor. It's fairly easy to reach, but you will need to get accustomed to dropping the mag by pushing forward with your trigger finger. Again, not a deal breaker for me but something to keep in mind as YMMV.

To sum it up: Both will get the job done and It just boils down to preference. I do love me some 9mm AR goodness!

I have a couple Endomag kits and a Stern Defense Glock adaptor. They are both collecting dust at the moment. If either of those interest you, I give you a deal on them. PM me and we can go from there.

They each have there pros and cons.

Pros:

Endo:

Gives you the same feel as a standard AR.
Can use the same mag pouches/carriers as standard .223/5.56. The kits are relatively cheap if you already own Pmags, so if you decide to move on from them, it won't break the bank.

Stern Defense:

It's quality. Several models for the most popular guns (most peeps use Glock mags) and who doesn't own a ton of Glock mags.
Easy to install and remove.

Cons:

Endo:

The conversion feels cheap. The ejector is part of the feed lip and is plastic (I had no issues with mine).
Unloading a chambered round is a little different. Since the ejector is part of the mag, you must leave the mag in while removing the round in the chamber. Not a deal breaker but a negative in my book none the less....

Stern Defense:

The adaptor slides up into the magwell and locks in place with the mag release. You then tighten up the set screws on the bottom of it to snug it all up. Because of that, the mag release is located on the bottom edge of the adaptor. It's fairly easy to reach, but you will need to get accustomed to dropping the mag by pushing forward with your trigger finger. Again, not a deal breaker for me but something to keep in mind as YMMV.

To sum it up: Both will get the job done and It just boils down to preference. I do love me some 9mm AR goodness!
Are the endo mag kits you have, the single mag or triple mag kits?

I bought a 3 pack. One of the I had to modify to work with a Taccom barrel that had a feed ramp on it. I had to hog out the top, front of the P-mag and the follower. It still works fine with a standard 9mm barrel but just looks a little jacked up.

I have a PSA and KVP BCG.
Both work with the endo mags.
I have over 1000 rnds through mine with zero problems.
The 16" barrel I am looking at is KVP but their in stock BCGs are running about $30 to $40 more shipped than the Toolcraft BCG I am looking at. They appear to be similiar in style with newer rifle type extractor. Toolcraft's solid lifetime warranty along with cheaper price has my attention for now.

Since this is in the what will work phase..
After building and getting mine running well, I came to the conclusion that I should have went the CMMG Radial Delayed Blowback route.
A bit more than the average blowback one but they run much smoother.
They have a bolt tuning kit to really get it dialed in also.
They have 16" and 5" kits now too and in stock.
It uses the CMMG version of Endomags as well.

I have a few things up to fund an 8" barrel and BCG, which now, is even more from when I was just thinking about it and pricing stuff out.:s0025:

Probably will just reuse the upper, though an Aero upper would be more to my liking but I screwed that pooch too. :eek:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top