JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Depends on how much you get. In my experience it ranges between $8-$12?

I'd recommend them if you want 147 gr. It's a little hard to find FMJ in that weight.

For 115 and 124, you'll probably be better off going to walmart or bimart.

For the range I use what ever is cheap. It is the pratice that is important. The more rounds the better.
I carry Golden Saber and buy a 50 rd box of .147 every six months or so. Then I shoot the old box. That way I feel good about what I carry. I have tried all the loads of the month; but, always seem to go back to the Golden Saber. I shoots well in all my 9mms.
Ed

I haven't seen anyone suggest it, but if you have any inkling, i would recommend reloading. Then it's really cheap to shoot. I didn't know anything about it, bought a Lee Classic Turret Press Kit and a set of dies from FS Reloading and read Modern Reloading, which comes in the kit and started without any problems. I reload for my 40 S&W and it's dirt cheap to shoot. Seriously, reloading is so easy.

As for personal defense, i would recommend googling hollow point ballistics or self defense ballistics and learn about the different brands as each does act a little different. Speer, Hornady, Winchester, and Federal are all great and each one acts a little different as some expand more and others have more energy. It really depends on what you want then round to do. I'm going to Winchester ranger ammo as it retains the most bullet weight and expands the best but it does so with less energy than the Hornady. It really depends on what you want your round to do. One thing though, it your going to use +p or +p+ rounds, you need to practice at the range with some as well because the pistol will have more recoil when shooting those than normal ammo and if you ever have to shoot defensively. You don't want to be unfamiliar with how your pistol behaves when your life is on the line.

if you can get brass cased practice ammo for $10 or less for a box of 50 FMJ rounds, you're doing good. Don't pay more than that when buying individual boxes. MagTech, PMC, Blazer Brass, and Sellor & Bellot are some I've used and had good experience with, all are 115 to 124Gr. Home defense, you want a heavy hollow point, 127-147gr is good. Don't cheap out on Home Defense ammo, look into Hornady, Speer GoldDot, and Winchester Ranger.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top