Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

9mm ACP headstamp???

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Mr. Goodwrench, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Mr. Goodwrench

Mr. Goodwrench Portland New Member

Hey all, while sorting some brass recently, I found some cases marked 9mm ACP, not the usual 9mm Luger. It looks and seems to measure close to Luger marked cases but I had not seen this before. Are they the same?

2. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

I just saw this caliber for sale the other day,
    I'm sure someone will be along soon to answer your question

3. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

ACP - Arms Corporation of the Philippines, Parang, Marikina City, Metro Manila, 1800 Republic of the Philippines
    (formally Squires Bingham Co.-see SB)

SB - Arms Corporation of the Philippines, (formally Squires Bingham Co.) Marikina, Republic of the Philippines

Headstamp Codes - International Ammunition Association

4. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Photos are worth 1000 words...

If it matches the dimensions of a 9mm case, it's probably standard 9mm luger. However, it could also be 380 auto. This is referred to occasionally by it's metric designation 9mm kurtz (german for short), while I don't think this is the case it's something to be aware of.

5. Buko

Buko Beaverton Area Member

Armscorp just recently started importing ammo I believe. Thats the manufacturer stamp and not the caliber