JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a FEG PA-63 that I just recently puchased and it is chambered in 9x18 makarov ammo. My question is to see if anyone out there has tried firing anything other than 9x18 through a 9x18 gun with any kind of success? I've heard that regular 9mm or .380 are possibly compatible so I though I would check here before I try and lose some fingers/toes/whatever... figuring it out for myself.
Thanks

Don't do it, either 9mm Luger or .380 would be a really bad idea. If it's a 9x18 pistol, shoot 9x18 ammo. Regular 9mm ammo (9x19) is a higher pressure round. The 9x18 round is pretty much the meanest round a pistol like that can withstand. There's a youtube video of some idiot firing off a single 9x19 from his Pa-63. The slide didn't go all the way into battery but the pistol did fire and survive, but almost certainly won't if the stunt is repeated too many times.

As for .380... given that it's a slightly smaller bullet, you're gonna lose accuracy and probably rapidly increase wear on the barrel. Besides .380 is weaker and more expensive than 9x18 anyways.

The gun is made for that caliber and only that caliber, why not shoot that caliber? Is it the money? How much are your fingers worth?

To answer the question though, no other caliber is compatible.

I have fired .380 through the pa-63, Russian makarov, and a Feg SMC 9x18mm. I have seen several articles in gun magazines where they staggered the rounds and they cycle fine in all guns I have tried. I wouldn't do it anymore than I have to. The 9x18mm is a fine cartridge buy it in bulk and just use that. Know that if you have to, you can.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top