JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you wet tumbling? If so your brass could be too clean and the expander can't slide in the case easily. So it grabs the case wall and starts to push down, by then the case is expanded so the die does the rest. I started using a car wash with wax rather than dawn soap and the issue went away. Something to think about. Try a bit of lube on the expander on a batch of cases and see if the issue goes away.

If it were ME?

I'd chuck the cases and move on.

Rrrrrright...... I got other things to worry about. Besides, I could easily make up for the loss brass (cost) just by carefully choosing from among the three gas stations on the corner.

Aloha, Mark

If it were ME?
I'd chuck the cases and move on.
Aloha, Mark
I did just that.. I asked the ? because I've never had that happen before reloading ANYTHING.
For whoever asked, dry media.
Weird thing like I said is 4 or 5 cases out of 7 or 800 on the 9mm & 400 on the .380. and I'm pretty sure all were Speer. Didn't mean to start any arguments..or upset anyone.. :oops:

Dan

I see this pretty frequently on .380, you can correct it with the expander not going quite so deep. I tend to push the edge, there, and some of mine get that bulge, but they all gauge after being loaded, and they run just fine. I'm generally loading poly-coated lead, so if they don't have enough flare, they shave lead off the bullet.

I see this pretty frequently on .380, you can correct it with the expander not going quite so deep. I tend to push the edge, there, and some of mine get that bulge, but they all gauge after being loaded, and they run just fine. I'm generally loading poly-coated lead, so if they don't have enough flare, they shave lead off the bullet.
I run the expander just deep enough for the bullets I'm loading so I'm not shaving copper. Expand..test, expand..test, expand..test. Better safe then sorry for me so I'm not overworking the brass.

Dan

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads