JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am having trouble finding load data to start working up a 147gr load for a 16" barrel carbine. The manual that I generally use has no 147gr data as they do not produce a 147gr .356 bullet... Have not found a powder mfg that lists starting load data either... Anyone?

My Lyman 49th lists some loads. What powder are you wanting to use? Lead bullet or TMJ?

Also I had a bit of a tough time with 147 gr in my MPX. I had two loads already made up that I tried and neither would reliably cycle. They were loaded on the weaker end of the chart for my son to shoot but still something to keep in mind depending on what type of gun they are being shot from.

My Lyman 49th lists some loads. What powder are you wanting to use? Lead bullet or TMJ?

Also I had a bit of a tough time with 147 gr in my MPX. I had two loads already made up that I tried and neither would reliably cycle. They were loaded on the weaker end of the chart for my son to shoot but still something to keep in mind depending on what type of gun they are being shot from.

I have been using both Blue Dot and Herco in my 124gr loads with no problems in my Colt 6951. Not the cleanest powder, but I would like to use up the Herco as I have moved on to other powders in most other loads. It would be the Berry's 147gr flat point plated bullet.

Try 5.5 gr. Accurate #7.
I know, it's a compressed load with a 145 gr.Keith HP.:eek:
I shoot it in my S&W 469 with 3.5 inch barrel.:)
I later changed to a different seating tool to keep from "rounding"
the ends of the bullets
9mm.jpg 5.5gr.jpg

Lyman lists blue dot in 147gr 5.3 to 6.6 gr with 1.115 oal.

I sometimes use a place called "steves reloading pages" he lists tons of powders in different grains. For Herco 147gr he lists 4.5 to 4.9 gr. No info on bullet type though so if you try it I highly suggest starting at the minimum and working up.

Lyman lists blue dot in 147gr 5.3 to 6.6 gr with 1.115 oal.

I sometimes use a place called "steves reloading pages" he lists tons of powders in different grains. For Herco 147gr he lists 4.5 to 4.9 gr. No info on bullet type though so if you try it I highly suggest starting at the minimum and working up.

Thanks for the help! Appreciate it!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top