JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are pretty good. I've bought a couple guns there. They are pretty easy to haggle with. There prices listed aren't that great, but with the haggling factor, you can get some pretty good deals. They have alot more rifles than handguns, they usually only have 10 handguns in their case. If you need to do an FFL transfer, THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO! They charge $15 for the transfer, and then $10 for the background fee. Their ammo selection is a huge joke, they have 10 year old ammo usually in there for prices close to GI Joes prices.

Good to know you can haggle with them :)

I'm doing the FFL transfer for my 870 I just bought off gunbroker.com through them, and so far so good.

If you need to pawn something it is NOT a nice place to go. The pawn building is DIRTY, and you are not treated in any kind of friendly manner---purely impersonal indifference, and they deeply undervalue your items (maybe that is a good thing if you hope to buy them back!)

All pawnshops in Oregon are under State License terms and cost the same, so why not go where they treat you with respect and give fair prices? I LIKE "The Silver Lining" on NE Sandy Blvd. in Portland. Friendly folks, nice clean place, and they recognize value better..................elsullo

I want to ammend my prior comments, after going back several times: these are nice people! When the pawn area is not crowded with a line out the door Norm is really quite a nice guy. Over in the sales area the owner whatzisname is very friendly, and chief counterman Dave is a chatterbox riot. They will let you handle anything without drama, and will accept a polite haggle. Many tag prices are ridiculous, but they EXPECT to come down with them. I finally got a very nice deal, acceptable to both of us. Their stock turns over often---it IS a pawnshop, and these are hard times---so stop in if you pass by.............................elsullo :s0155:

I just wanted to update this store based on an encounter I had with them last week. I am NOT giving them any of my business again, here is why (as I posted in another thread). Taking advantage of gun owners, the very people that are helping to keep you in business in the first place, is a really stupid choice in my book:

Did a private sale yesterday. About 3:30pm. The buyer got his paperwork in and....45-60 minute wait - AND he has a CHL. I haven't seen a wait time like that in a long time. Fair warning that with all these new sales, even having a CHL may not save you the wait.

BTW - warning to anyone who may use them - we ended up going to 99 PAWN on McLoughlin Blvd. I've used them for incoming transfers before, and one private sale a while back. Their rate for a single gun transfer is now $70!!! They broke it down like this:

$30 to transfer from me, the seller to them
$30 to transfer from them to the buyer
$10 BGC

$70 to write my name and serial number in their book, then write the other person's name and serial number in their book and process the BGC. If the BGC line hadn't been backed up, we would have been in and out in about 10 minutes. So $70 for 10 minutes worth of work. That's just robbing law-abiding gun owners of their hard-earned money.

If we both had the time, I would have gone to Tigard Pawn and did the whole thing for only $25, but I was pressed for time, so I sucked it up and did it. Rat ba$tards.

I was pissed Mostly at them, but also at myself for not checking ahead of time. I went ahead with it because I just wanted to get it done and get on with other things I needed to do. But I will tell you this, that POS rip off slimeball will never, ever get another penny of my money, ever again. I hope you all avoid them too. Treating gun owners like that is out of line and they should be shamed out of this practice. FAIR WARNING: DO NOT USE 99 PAWN ON MCLOUGHLIN!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Or,in this case,SB941................
99 Pawn is located in Oregon.
Washington State voted 594 in;
941 was imposed by an unelected Governess.
Just clarifying.

That's sad to hear they charge so much for a transfer. I understand they don't make money on a transfer, but they are realistically passing on 2 pages of paperwork and filing one form. $70 is the most I have heard of, and while I have used them in the distant past, I will not be doing so after reading the most recent review. I'm sure I am part of a large group who misses the FTF days.

I'll invest some extra time/gas to do business with good merchants, and fart in the general direction of those who would charge 2-3x more for the same product/service... watch them atrophy while I do my part to help the good guys thrive!

Regarding pawn shops in general, I've yet to see one asking a reasonable price for any firearm (or guitar). YMMV, but that's been my experience.

***Update 4/5/19: I wanted to update on 99 Pawn. I had a private sale this week and my buyer, who was paying the transfer, wanted to use 99 Pawn as it was close to home. I met him there and found they had lowered their private transfer cost to $40 total, BGC included. Still not a great price, but better than the $70 I was charged a few years ago. There are still any number of good shops that will do a private sale/transfer for $20-$30 total. The guy that helped us was friendly, so a pretty positive experience.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.