JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
1998 Land Rover Discovery One 50th anniversary edition.
Asking $1700 OBO

182xxx miles.
Lots of good things about this Rover:
Regular Oil changes
K&N Rechargeable air filter.
Power everything.
Heated seats.
Leather interior AC and heat both work exceptionally well.
Windshield replaced 9 months ago.
All wheel drive all the time.
Pioneer stereo with jack for ipod or mp3 player. It is also XM ready.
Duel rear jump seats. (Using those it can seat 7)
Duel moon roof.
Climate control.
Rear AC.
Replaced master cylinder 3 or 4 months ago

Some not so good things:

Leather on the passenger seat is torn. Well more the seam is torn. The leather is fine.
Cosmetic damage in the form of surface scratches and a few dents. The worst one in the front of the bonnet just above the words "Discovery".
Tires are worn.
Windshield leaks. Never really noticed that until I got to Eugene where it really rains.

All in all a good daily driver and an excellent off road vehicle.
It has gotten me out of some pretty tight spots as well as gotten me back and forth to Corvallis and Seattle.
If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask.

Feel free to PM me

Again $1700 OBO

Also looking for trades for other vehicles. Not really interested in trucks or suvs. (Would consider toyota tacoma or 4runner)

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

I have replaced the right wheel bearings, replaced the master cylinder, replaced the front windshield, and have preformed routine things like spark plugs, oil, air filter, power steering, ect...
I believe the person before me replaced the front shocks. He also gave me a set for the rear but I never had the time or need to put them on.
I know it leaks oil and power steering fluid I couldnt say where from. Ive been told thats kind of the MO of landrovers.
It runs great and ive never had any kind of engine or transmission problems other then the leaking.
Also, to be upfront the ABS doesnt work. Ive been lead to believe that a previous owner disabled it in some way.

Any other questions just let me know.

I have replaced the right wheel bearings, replaced the master cylinder, replaced the front windshield, and have preformed routine things like spark plugs, oil, air filter, power steering, ect...
I believe the person before me replaced the front shocks. He also gave me a set for the rear but I never had the time or need to put them on.
I know it leaks oil and power steering fluid I couldnt say where from. Ive been told thats kind of the MO of landrovers.
It runs great and ive never had any kind of engine or transmission problems other then the leaking.
Also, to be upfront the ABS doesnt work. Ive been lead to believe that a previous owner disabled it in some way.

Any other questions just let me know.

It is somewhat common for some who like to use their vehicles offroad, to disable the ABS. Normally thats done by removing the fuse.
Take a look and see if thats gone.
Do you still have the rear shocks?
How much life left in the tires? (perhaps I should say 'tyres' since its a Rover ;-) )

The fuse seems to be in place. From what I gathered the wires were removed or something like that. It has never really bothered me. I drove the pass going between bend and Corvallis last winter 3 or 4 times and never had trouble.

I do have the shocks that were given to me.

And as for the leak in the windshield I was quoted $120 to replace it if they can remove the windshield with out it breaking and $260 if it were to break when they pulled it.

The tires are going to need replacing soon. With a penny held upside down the tread goes to the top of his head.

In doing some research it doesnt really look like its a problem of the windshield and more of a sun roof problem. They have drain tubes that tend to get clogged and when they do water starts leaking on the headliner above the front windshield. Ill call around tomorrow to get a quote to have it fixed to see if I can do it friday.

My experience with European cars is that most of them say to use premium fuels and premium fluids.
Most of the time when I gas up I dont use premium. Ill do premium when im going to go over the mountains or on other trips. But that is only because i feel like I can squeeze a few more HP out of the engine.
Doing that has worked fine for me tho YMMV

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top