JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, basicly the bottom of my hand and little finger hang off the bottom of the grip on the stock and I'm just looking to make it a little easier to handle until I re-fang it pre ban condition. I will post pics asap.

This is the stock.

20110524174949.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So if you replaced it with a wood draganov stock a thumbhole also, would you be in violation?

Oddly enough, yes. From what I've gathered if you remove any parts from the MAK sporter and replace it with something other than original parts you violate 922. Even if its a part that from another over seas manufacturer. If you change the configuration in anyway from its original form when it entered the country you have to play the 10 or less game. At least that's the way I understand it.

Then you would be in violation unless you went all the way. Get a Tapco G2 fire control group and a full stock set for your six compliance parts. If your MAK has a slant receiver your best stock option is from Ironwood Designs.

<broken link removed>

Oddly enough, yes. From what I've gathered if you remove any parts from the MAK sporter and replace it with something other than original parts you violate 922. Even if its a part that from another over seas manufacturer. If you change the configuration in anyway from its original form when it entered the country you have to play the 10 or less game. At least that's the way I understand it.

Didn't realize that - thought you could go with thumbhole-style synthetic and still be in the clear on these.

Kinda sorta....you could put on a Choate or ATI thumb hole stock and be OK with no other changes ( they're US made anyway ).

Where 922r really comes into play is when you want to change to a "standard" configuration. Dumbest bunch of regulation EVER, but we are stuck with it for now.

Here's a great chart to help with compliance parts:

Gunwiki: 922(r) Worksheet for AK-47 Builds

I must agree that the 922r regs are full on retarded and out dated. Makes me wonder how the importers get around these laws. I realize that their regs must be different, but how? Guns come to the country in parts, slap a nodak spud and a G2 trigger and you're good to go! I don't get it.

i have two sks's ,and the mac 90,also ak 47---now i have a little trouble with the mac stock....but guess what? my wife just loves it !! she shoots all of them , and swears that if SHTF shes got DIBBS on the mac 90 !!!!!!!!!!!!
out of the two sk's -- one being para w/ 6 way tap. the other being all stock 20" brl. i really enjoy the 6 way tap on the para- it can be almost as small as a large handgun then, just kinda grow up , like the big boys ! i call it my "transformer" gun !!!
i really don't know all of the rules on 922 pts. but really what are the chanches of someone making an issue out of it ? are the average LEO's or ODFW officers familiar with the 922 regs ? i don't know ! i'm kinda asking here !!

steven

i really don't know all of the rules on 922 pts. but really what are the chanches of someone making an issue out of it ? are the average LEO's or ODFW officers familiar with the 922 regs ? i don't know ! i'm kinda asking here !!

It isn't so much that there are BATFE officials lurking behind every bush and mailbox, waiting to catch someone walking by with a rifle that doesn't comply with 922r. However, having a rifle that is technically 'illegal' is a nice, easy way for a prosecutor to add charges if the owner of said rifle is ever involved in a criminal case. Of course, most of us here will never be intentionally involved in a criminal case, but there are folks every day across the US falsely accused of criminal activities. Its really best to just stay within the boundaries of the law and not have that lurking over your head. It cost me well over $400 to convert an ugly ban-era butthole-stocked SAR-8 to a legal rifle with the required number of compliance parts. All for looks. It shoots just the same as it did before. How dumb is that? I coulda bought another rifle for that much, but nooo, I had to have a 'cool' looking rifle. Well, ya gotta pay to play I guess.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads