Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

92 Toyota Tercel: No cheaper more reliable car **SOLD**

Discussion in 'Non-Firearm Item Classifieds' started by Spitpatch, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

1992 Toyota Tercel, 2d, 4spd, 1500cc motor (very strong). 252k miles. 30mpg town, 34mpg highway (got 37mpg with a fresh tune-up and tires at max). Will accelerate up any hill.

The Good: Runs like a ten-dollar Timex. This is the Energizer Bunny of all automobiles. You can feel your wallet get fatter when you drive it. Wheel bearings and brakes done all around 2 years ago, along with hoses and belts, transaxle/radiator fluid change. Kickbutt stereo: Pioneer SuperTuner am-fm/CD, with two amps and a crossover unit for a Sub if you want it (it used to have one that filled the trunk. it now sports 6.5 Pioneers in the doors, and 6.5 Kenwoods on the rear deck). Fresh tune-up and oil change this August, and I change the oil every 3k. Good tires. Tags current to 8/12. Original owners manual for the car and the stereo. Haynes repair manual. All paperwork for all parts (including the Schwab tires).

The Bad: Didn't pass DEQ last time around. Might with a new catalytic converter. Burns about a quart of oil every month with a 40-mile commute every day. NO leaks. Cracked windshield, but no view obstruction. Body is moderately rough with dents as shown in pics. Significant paint flaking on hood. Driver seat is fair to poor, but a new seat cover would be the complete remedy (foam and structure are good).

If I kept this car, I'd put a new windshield in it, and maybe struts (they might be original). That's it.

Reason for selling: got a different rig for my commute. Selling this car is probably the worst vehicle decision mistake I will ever make. It has been the most reliable and economical car I have ever owned. Help me make a mistake.

$750, or would consider trade for good hunting rifles or older guns of quality.

PB110087.jpg

PB110085.jpg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  2. wwkii

wwkii gilchrist oregon Active Member

trade ya a sks

3. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

I had two of those and a pile of ammo, clips and stuff with them. Sold them to a couple farm kids telling them not to start a war. The SKS's did not make my wallet fatter when I drove them.

4. wwkii

wwkii gilchrist oregon Active Member

ya buddy i here ya on that one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.