JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
911 Called After Photographer's Tripod Mistaken for Machine Gun......:confused:

tripodmachinegun.jpg
Police in body armor showed up at an office building in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, yesterday after someone called 911 to report a gunman holding a machine gun. Turns out it was a photographer holding a tripod.

ABC News reports that officers responded to the 11 a.m. call by searching the Griest Building floor by floor for the suspected gunman. They soon found the female photographer and her tripod, which was perhaps confused with a 6-barreled minigun.

Industrial Resolution, a software company in the building, posted a photo on Facebook showing the police with the photographer.

Sometimes, when a charming photographer from the Reading Eagle comes to take your photo for an upcoming story, and…

Posted by Industrial Resolution on Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Lt. Todd Umstead of the Lancaster police department believes the caller did the right thing by calling 911, saying that his force would "much rather respond to a call like this" than to not get a call about an actual machine gun being carried around.

The coppers don't get credit for this one.They didn't empty a single magazine into her body. But, I'll bet she will be listed as a domestic terrorist on a watch list somewhere!?!?!?

Sheldon

The sheep that called it in needs to pay for their time.

While I like the idea of sheep maintaining situational awareness.. This, once again proves they are too bubbleguming stupid to even do that.

A tripod?

Im sorry, but if a small little woman can actually carry a mini gun AND ammo.. Shes probably some kind of super human, hell Id pay to see a tiny woman hip fire a mini gun.

And whats with the overly eager response.. I know we're in high alert terrorist hunt mode, but good god we have rights.. And one of them is to not be harassed by leos on the street impeding our daily travels for merely carrying a firearm openly, or even a perceived one. They shouldnt have even got out of the vehicle once they saw her. What a waste of tax payer money.

This was a very poor reflection of the dispatcher, leos AND the sheep that called it in. They are supposed to ask about the person, what the person is doing with the firearm, how its being held/carried..etc. all of that is to rule out idiots calling in law abiding OC'ers..

But wait, for you anti OC guys..
Just wait until printing or even odd shapes under your shirt start to get called in.. Because thats where we're headed if we encourage this "See something say something" bullbubblegum.
Sheep are too goddamn stupid to know whats what and when to dial 911.

The sheep that called it in needs to pay for their time.
Yeah that will happen right after false restraining orders require the accuser to pay the defending persons legal bill.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Never gonna happen. Don't lame the ignorant accuser, just make a political point that "these are bad mmmkay.."

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

LOL - I remember when I was working across from the federal building and county jail and someone called in a "man with a machine gun" on the roof of our building. Swat showed up and were highly pissed when it turned out to be a maintenance guy with a caulking gun sealing some vents on the roof. All dressed up and no one to kill I guess. Of course this is the same swat team that showed up to our PPC match and all but 2 of them were bottom of the pack, one was about middle of the list and one about 1/3rd of the way down.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top