JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
..and I have one of them?

About 2 months ago I came across a beautiful Swiss Schmidt-Rubin K11 (aka 1911) Carbine at an estate sale, for a good price. Everything looks beautiful, all the bluing is present, bore is excellent, and the only bit of rust i could find was on the buttplate. Had a mag and the original sling, but sadly no bayonet or surplus ammo. Of course I bought it. :D So today I finally get it out to tear it fully apart and clean & oil everything. After I'm done I decided to do a bit of additional research on it, since I'd already been looking up info on dissembling the bolt, etc. I look up the serial number to put a manufacture year to it, and find out it was made in 1917, but also read <broken link removed> -

* Serial numbers 54401-55000 and 62001-62300 are missing (900 pieces)

And of course my serial number is 549XX. My google-fu has yielded no info on when they went "missing" or what "missing" even refers to, like the story behind it (if there is one).
Anybody know anything about this?

Sounds like a good gun to contact the NRA on. I remembers seeing articles in their magazines tracking down the history on rare firearms. I have never contacted them but it might be worth a email.

Let us know what you find out and best of luck!

Posted this in the Swiss Rifle forum. I'll give it a week then contact the NRA and the owner of the website where the serial number list is at. Thanks guys!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top