JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup, just release him back to offend again. Maybe he'll kill the next one, or rape someone. Now he knows he looking at jail time and nothing to lose.

Most the small crimes especially from homeless people they don't even enforce anymore, just let people live in anarchy and lawlessness. Then wonder why it's becoming the cesspool it is.
It will only get worse

Hope the guy goes back to flashing and some lady decides to blow his nuts off. Of course that would be wrong it's much better to.hsve perverts like this on the street.

Seems to me , that this story is a very good reason to take a look at our Justice and Jail systems:
See what is actually working...
Get rid of what is not working....
Take into account and implement what the folks who work in these systems have been asking for and need...
Start looking into a true "rehabilitation system" , one that actually works , not a "pet project" or feel good sound bite...
But what do I know...?
Andy

Seems to me , that this story is a very good reason to take a look at our Justice and Jail systems:
Take into account and implement what the folks who work in these systems have been asking for and need...
Start looking into a true "rehabilitation system" , one that actually works , not a "pet project" or feel good sound bite...
But what do I know...?
Andy

Trust me, in 14 years of dealing with these folks, only two things fix the problem once someone gets older than 12. First: Their own intrinsic motivation. They screw up and know they'll never do it again or they get an "ah-ha!" moment. Second? Copper jacketed lead. There are no programs that even break even and the ones that come close are probably inflating their numbers or are taking credit for the effort of the offender.

Governments are catching on and are requiring many programs to show they are "evidence based" before being funded by anything other than grants. These program/treatment folks always give pie in the sky numbers. The last yime they came to us to give us presentations about their program, I told them about a program that has a 61% to 64% instant success rate given proper dosage. They asked what it was, I told them "Speer Gold Dot". They didn't get it.

But what do I know...?
Andy

I have LONG had a real hard time understanding why you could put them in a hotel for what it costs to lock them up. I have heard "we cant' afford it" for decades. My solution? If it's good enough for our Military it's more than enough for jail inmates. They should be housed and fed just the same.
Now rehab? That's another subject. There is a LOT of wasted money on this. For people like this who are violent, repeatedly, they have shown me they do not belong in our society. Again sadly this is what the people vote for though so this is what they get.

Trust me, in 14 years of dealing with these folks, only two things fix the problem once someone gets older than 12. First: Their own intrinsic motivation. They screw up and know they'll never do it again or they get an "ah-ha!" moment. Second? Copper jacketed lead. There are no programs that even break even and the ones that come close are probably inflating their numbers or are taking credit for the effort of the offender.

Governments are catching on and are requiring many programs to show they are "evidence based" before being funded by anything other than grants. These program/treatment folks always give pie in the sky numbers. The last yime they came to us to give us presentations about their program, I told them about a program that has a 61% to 64% instant success rate given proper dosage. They asked what it was, I told them "Speer Gold Dot". They didn't get it.
:s0101::s0101::s0101:

I have LONG had a real hard time understanding why you could put them in a hotel for what it costs to lock them up. I have heard "we cant' afford it" for decades. My solution? If it's good enough for our Military it's more than enough for jail inmates. They should be housed and fed just the same.
Now rehab? That's another subject. There is a LOT of wasted money on this. For people like this who are violent, repeatedly, they have shown me they do not belong in our society. Again sadly this is what the people vote for though so this is what they get.

Lets do the math. A prison in WA will average 1200 inmates. That same prison may employ 500 staff. The average salaries if you spread it from the lowest secretary making 36k a year to the lead doctor who makes 150k, the average salary is probably around 60k. Thats about $68 a day per inmate. Factor in food, supplies, clothing, maintenance, etc. You creep up on $100 a day per inmate pretty quick.

Last Edited:
I personally think the military deserves much better than a group of degenerates. We use to joke about convicts having better living condirions than we did on the boats

When I worked in St Helens we had a guy in the parking lot with a knife saying he was going to stab a doctor. he police were called and they put him on a bus back to Portland. That's it. Even let him keep his knife.

That was one of the reasons I first got my CHL.

After more death threats the clinic installed "panic buttons" as a part of the security system (like the bank has) that would summon the police immediately. First time it was pressed the police took 15 minutes to arrive. The clinic then purchased all pepper spray because corporate did not want to pay for security......

We had our little corporate required meeting where we watched the homeland security video of "run,hide,fight [get killed]" I told the staff to just come get me since I was armed.

When I worked in St Helens we had a guy in the parking lot with a knife saying he was going to stab a doctor. he police were called and they put him on a bus back to Portland. That's it. Even let him keep his knife.

That was one of the reasons I first got my CHL.

After more death threats the clinic installed "panic buttons" as a part of the security system (like the bank has) that would summon the police immediately. First time it was pressed the police took 15 minutes to arrive. The clinic then purchased all pepper spray because corporate did not want to pay for security......

We had our little corporate required meeting where we watched the homeland security video of "run,hide,fight [get killed]" I told the staff to just come get me since I was armed.

This is why I have ALWAYS been armed at work. Often getting caught would have meant getting fired. I figured only way to get caught was to have to use the gun since I was not telling about it or showing it. If I needed it I would be alive to find another job. Police are for after it's all over.

Lets do the math. A prison in WA will average 1200 inmates. That same prison may employ 500 staff. The average salaries if you spread it from the lowest secretary making 36k a year to the lead doctor who makes 150k, the average salary is probably around 60k. Thats about $68 a day per inmate. Factor in food, supplies, clothing, maintenance, etc. You creep up on $100 a day per inmate pretty quick.

That's what I mean about housing. For most slap up some tents and wire. Feed them just like we feed the troops. For the few who refuse to play nice? Locked up securely. Give them work to do to earn their keep. Those who do not want to work? Feed them something no one likes but keeps them alive. It does not have to cost nearly what it does for most of them. Of course if I was king there would be no death row either. For slam dunk cases they should be in the ground in a matter of months, not decades. Sadly don't see this happening in my lifetime. Voters do not want it. They want the scum like this guy who went after the old lady running around on the street to do it again. <shrug>

This is why I have ALWAYS been armed at work. Often getting caught would have meant getting fired. I figured only way to get caught was to have to use the gun since I was not telling about it or showing it. If I needed it I would be alive to find another job. Police are for after it's all over.

I actually got permission. I was the only armed employee of a "gun-free" health system and hospital (including security guards) that employed >10,000 people in Portland. There was one patient who was screaming at our front desk about his pain meds who did not know I was right around the corner. Police never showed up on that one, he ended up just leaving about 10 minutes later. He probably doesnt know how good of decision that was. There was a brick wall behind him and no one in the waiting room, He was saying he was going to jump the desk and attack the front desk staff. If he had climbed on that desk that would have been a very easy 5 yard shot with basically zero chance of anyone else getting hurt.

So nice having had zero death threats since leaving Portland.

Quoting myself here...but I would like to point a important piece that may have been missed :
A true rehabilitation system that actually works ,not a "pet project" or feel good sound bite.

I understand that many folks do not want or can not be "rehabilitated".
But for those that can or wish to be ...a better system that works for those that want to better themselves is needed.

And to point out ( again ) another idea that seems to have been missed in my first post here :
This may mean doing something that one did not think of or even like...
Andy

That's what I mean about housing. For most slap up some tents and wire. Feed them just like we feed the troops. For the few who refuse to play nice? Locked up securely. Give them work to do to earn their keep. Those who do not want to work? Feed them something no one likes but keeps them alive. It does not have to cost nearly what it does for most of them. Of course if I was king there would be no death row either. For slam dunk cases they should be in the ground in a matter of months, not decades. Sadly don't see this happening in my lifetime. Voters do not want it. They want the scum like this guy who went after the old lady running around on the street to do it again. <shrug>

Prisons are always under 8th Amendment scrutiny. To me, the determination of cruel and unusual should be made by the instant offense. If you tied up a woman and electrocuted her over a weekend and raped her repeatedly and then cit her throat in the trunk of a car and left to die in an airport parking lot...you got nothin' comin'.

A possible solution for work for these scum would be working in the fields picking produce instead of migratory workers. It would remind those thinking about committing crimes with results if they got caught and would partially reduce the immigration issue. Would require further thought but on the surface it seems plausible.

Quoting myself here...but I would like to point a important piece that may have been missed :
A true rehabilitation system that actually works ,not a "pet project" or feel good sound bite.

I understand that many folks do not want or can not be "rehabilitated".
But for those that can or wish to be ...a better system that works for those that want to better themselves is needed.

And to point out ( again ) another idea that seems to have been missed in my first post here :
This may mean doing something that one did not think of or even like...
Andy

Its hard to do those things because you don't know who is really serious about making changes because you're still chasing an end result. The end result is the final determination of their efforts. This is how we got where we are. We throw money at them because it's unfair to cherry-pick. We try to claim success, but those people would have changed anyway.

As far as asking employees of the system what works, you have to look at who is self serving to make a name for their selves vs the completely jaded. Too much human variable.

They say the pendulum swings from treatment to punishment. Would you believe me if I told you that research has found no change in recidivism regardless of where we are at on the swing? 31 to 33% will be back in prison within 3 years of release....regardless.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top