JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have carried a .40 cal since the early 90s. Before that it was a .45 acp. I don't really have a lot of experience with the 9 mm. My wife has gotten into shooting and I got her a Glock 19. When we practice we shoot 115 grain fmj. When she carries it's a 124 grain jhp. With the scarcity of ammo still out there I was wondering would the gun shoot any differently using 147 grain jhp when we can't find 124 grain? Also what is the primary use for 147 grain jhp, is it for self defense. Thanks.
Honestly it is what the pistol and your wife prefers. Period! What she is comfortable with and accurate with… the rest is just nonsense and inconsequential! Debating on grain weight and fps is as drab and :s0013:as 45 vs 9 vs whatever the heck you want to compare… rounds accurately in bad guy is what matters. Denim and all the bs is just that. Only time that something really matters outside of accuracy is shooting through glass.

When people talk about layers and fps etc I think here we go again and I remember hunting bears with a bow and arrow. Funny how a slow moving heavy weight arrow tends to pass deeply into a heavy fur, fat, muscle dense and heavy boned animal with enough energy to stop a 900lb-1200 lbs beast in a matter of seconds. Weird :s0001:

If a guy must carry the lighter 9mm bullets . My hand loads for my daily carry, in my G26 are 'not to shabby' either . 115 grn. Hornady XTP's @ 1100 fps vel.
.edit add:
and that Vel. is Chrony'ed fired out of my compact length barrel .
in 147s as well, especially as HST is Hydro Shock Two

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top