JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Presuming you live rural. You ought to feel what it's like to live where you're literally surrounded by them anywhere you go in potland! Getting out of here for a day is like a breath of fresh air.
Yes, rural living now for the last two years (almost). Grew up in Salem and watched it change in similar ways too for the last 40 years.

update:

Ya Don't Say ...

" L.A. officers who caused giant blast with fireworks likely made 'significant miscalculation' "

Moore said the explosion that followed was "catastrophic," causing 17 non-life-threatening injuries— including nine officers and a federal agent -- and damaging or destroying 13 businesses, 22 homes, and 37 cars.

"The Los Angeles police officers believed they were detonating about 16 pounds of material during the controlled blast in a neighborhood June 30, Police Chief Michel Moore told reporters.

But preliminary findings from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives found that they are likely to have detonated more than 42 pounds of explosives, he said. " [bold added]

That is about 3x more, give or take a decimal place.

" L.A. officers who caused giant blast with fireworks likely made 'significant miscalculation' "
Really? How long did it take them to figure this out? :s0140:
I am sure they who made the calculation were "experts" too. The kind of experts who would gladly tell you they were experts if you questioned what they were about to do.
I keep thinking of the whale the experts tried to blow up. When one guy who really was an expert tried to tell them they were doing it wrong.

Really? How long did it take them to figure this out? :s0140:
I am sure they who made the calculation were "experts" too. The kind of experts who would gladly tell you they were experts if you questioned what they were about to do.
I keep thinking of the whale the experts tried to blow up. When one guy who really was an expert tried to tell them they were doing it wrong.
Years ago I spoke with a guy who was on a commercial ship in Panama during the invasion. He said some U.S. military tried to sink a small aluminum boat that looked like it might have a gun mount on it. Shot at it first but it didn't sink so they sent in divers with explosives. He said there was a huge explosion that damaged the hull of his ship that was a couple hundred yards away and sent shrapnel every direction including over the ship. No more little boat though. :)

One of the most well known issues the so called experts have with explosives is the tendency of using too much, which most justify as making sure to get the job done! Obviously, the problem is damaging things beyond the target of the blast! Even well known blasting/demo experts are known for doing this, again, the attitude of having more then enough seems better then not achieving the desired results and then having to deal with things again, often in a structurally compromised manor! The best guys take the time to really study the entire thing before deciding what to use and how much!

One of the most well known issues the so called experts have with explosives is the tendency of using too much, which most justify as making sure to get the job done! Obviously, the problem is damaging things beyond the target of the blast! Even well known blasting/demo experts are known for doing this, again, the attitude of having more then enough seems better then not achieving the desired results and then having to deal with things again, often in a structurally compromised manor! The best guys take the time to really study the entire thing before deciding what to use and how much!
Look at those guys who bring down buildings. That to me is still impressive every time I see one done. That they can drop it in place like that. The most impressive was when King Co did the King Dome that way. I remember watching it thinking I watched them build this giant, now I get to see them blow it up 😎

In the current days of shaped charges, highly complex algorithms and handheld computers, there's really no excuse for that anymore.

Look at those guys who bring down buildings. That to me is still impressive every time I see one done. That they can drop it in place like that. The most impressive was when King Co did the King Dome that way. I remember watching it thinking I watched them build this giant, now I get to see them blow it up 😎

They had a web page where you could simulate placing your own explosives and see if it would work. Very simplistic and crude, but fun for about a minute and a half.

In the current days of shaped charges, highly complex algorithms and handheld computers, there's really no excuse for that anymore.

They had a web page where you could simulate placing your own explosives and see if it would work. Very simplistic and crude, but fun for about a minute and a half.
Now that would be cool. Only part I remember of that corny movie where the girl trains to be a Navy Seal was the guys being asked why they wanted to take that abuse. "Because I get to blow stuff up." :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top