JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"that way if I want to put the oppressor on it" :s0140:
Nice quip...
I thought the same thing when Strike Industries announced it lol

52714ABA-50DD-4579-A0E0-5CE4A3D1EC51.jpeg CFF712EF-EF2F-4545-B85C-F3E4E5781043.jpeg C768C235-B4C7-499A-8833-0A5883F89CD4.jpeg

the J-Comp is for my 556 AK

8.5" pistol gas that eats every thing from 110 to 220 no adjustment
16" carbine gas eats all supers but can be picky on subs based on the powder choice
if you reload great if you don't well then it will cost you $$$$$
but i can go and get just about any 308 bullet and load it for 300 blackout 110 to 220
but i am sure by now you have your mind made up and 4 pages should have done it by now...
unless you want to start a comparison between 300 aac 223 or 556 and 7.62x39
or even compare it vs 9mm or 40 or 45....
Thank you.
I read this far and no longer want a 300.
308 :)

i use fde pmags or black hexmags for 300blk only.
I don't like using colors to differentiate between the rounds. Pmags and GI mags are for 5.56/.223 only, color and generation doesn't matter. I not only want a visible difference, I want a tactile difference as well so Lancer L5AWM 300 BLK for 300 BLK. If I were to (or needed to) break my own rule here I'd use an orginal Magpul or Rangerplate for the same reason.

300 blk was the first AR I put together many moons ago. Maybe I got lucky but it cycles pretty much anything with can or not. It has a 9" BA barrel and just flat shoots using regular 5.56 mags. I have even harvested a deer with it. It will probably always stay in my collection.

So I'm going to show you a couple of different pictures and then explain why I suggest you get the right mags for a couple of reasons

.View attachment 996311View attachment 996312View attachment 996313View attachment 996314
So, you can see that I have 2 different manufacturers. And then there's the inside of normal AR/5.56 mags. They have the front part that is indented because of the shape of the 5.56 round. It's necked down. The 300 BO is almost not at all necked down. What happens then is it pushes the round over and causes it to malfunction.

Yes, you can drop off the number of rounds or get a 20 round mag etc… but why? I like 30 rounds and why limit myself?

Next is the rubber bands that I put on the bottom. Along with the different textures of the mags. Easier to identify and even in the dark. My Hexmags have 110gr HP and the Lancers have 110gr FMJ. ALL MY MAGS ARE LOADED WITH 30 ROUNDS!
Why not 30's? I'll tell ya….
The day I got my silencerco hybrid46 out of NWFA jail, I bough a few boxes of subsonic Ammo… it was about $30 a box. It was a while back before manufacturers were making a lot of BLK, and before I started reloading it. I was so excited I took it up to give it a go at my Dads place… He was hosting a birthday BBQ for one of my kin, so the whole fam was there… anyway I set up a few cans etc to plink. I had shot maybe 7-8 of 30 and was in the process of falling head over heels in love with what is now and forever my favorite gun… when my brother walked up and asked to try… he shot once, giggled then dumped the last 20+ rounds into the berm before I could stop him. Then he handed it back and walked away… $30+ worth of ammo and not even a thanks. Leaving me with half a box of ammo, and a bunch of family members wanting to "try" too.
I have a few 30 round mags dedicated to BLK, One or two are the magpul 300 specific, and a couple "sand" PMAGs that I RIT dyed.. I only load the cheap 147grain supers in them. I use 20's and even have a couple 10s if I'm shooting subs. I'm an ammo hoarder in the best of times, and with current price and availability, subs, and the components to reload them are too precious to risk a $60+ mag dump. It also helps identify which mags have which Ammo.

Why not 30's? I'll tell ya….
The day I got my silencerco hybrid46 out of NWFA jail, I bough a few boxes of subsonic Ammo… it was about $30 a box. It was a while back before manufacturers were making a lot of BLK, and before I started reloading it. I was so excited I took it up to give it a go at my Dads place… He was hosting a birthday BBQ for one of my kin, so the whole fam was there… anyway I set up a few cans etc to plink. I had shot maybe 7-8 of 30 and was in the process of falling head over heels in love with what is now and forever my favorite gun… when my brother walked up and asked to try… he shot once, giggled then dumped the last 20+ rounds into the berm before I could stop him. Then he handed it back and walked away… $30+ worth of ammo and not even a thanks. Leaving me with half a box of ammo, and a bunch of family members wanting to "try" too.
I have a few 30 round mags dedicated to BLK, One or two are the magpul 300 specific, and a couple "sand" PMAGs that I RIT dyed.. I only load the cheap 147grain supers in them. I use 20's and even have a couple 10s if I'm shooting subs. I'm an ammo hoarder in the best of times, and with current price and availability, subs, and the components to reload them are too precious to risk a $60+ mag dump. It also helps identify which mags have which Ammo.
You don't have to load them all the way... I almost never do at the range, except the .22.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top