JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recall that morning. I was working our IT desk opening. Got a couple of co-workers call off. Then one stops says "You have no idea what is going on, do you?" Well, no. I was duty and didn't have news feeds up.

Some years later I saw some of the remembrances and thought "too soon"

Today, I was looking thru one ... a guys date book posting - his thoughts as he was close enough to see / feel what was happening. And he posted the famous picture of a man jumped/falling from the top of the building. "Too Soon"

This is a different link:
Moment of Silence.

I know quite a few young men that saw this as a sign to join the Armed Forces. They felt that it was "Their Duty" to rid the world of these ruthless & cowardly killers to keep America safe.
Good on em for being Patriots.:cool:

Last Edited:
I was on the toilet in my dorm when a guy walked in and said, "I think we are getting bombed!" I said, "you sure are!" And I cut it loose. I walked out and all the guys were huddled around the TV, just in time to see plane #2 hit. We all went to the ROTC detachment and requested releases from our scholarships to enlist and got denied.

The memory of that day will stay with me, like the day President Kennedy was assassinated and the day the Challenger blew up.

Had an early flight to Denver. As the wife drove me to the airport there was a news blurb that a plane had hit one of the towers. Nothing said about terrorism or that it was a big plane. I mentioned to the wife that a plane had hit the Empire State Building during WWII, and said drop me off. As I walked into the terminal, one of the airline staff was standing on top of the counter and yelling that all flights were grounded and they didn't know when scheduled flights would resume. I thought: sounds bad and maybe I ought to just head to the office.

Light rail to the airport had opened the previously day [I think] so I caught a ride downtown. Sent folks home as they arrived, and spent the next two days trying to reach all of my staff on business trips or vacations. Vacationers: one in Belgium, one in Ontario, and a third at sea on a Caribbean cruise. Business trips: one in DC on detail, another in Phoenix, and two on the road in eastern Oregon. All but the two in eastern Oregon had quite a time getting home; the one in Belgium ended up maxing her credit card by the time she could get a flight back.

I was a construction staffing branch manager in Seattle. It first popped up on the radio, but we didn't have a TV so I ran to the local appliance store and bought a TV and rabbit ears so me and my staff could follow the story. Strange, I had an electrician working for me at the time of middle eastern descent and he called me about 20 minutes after the second plane hit and told me he had an emergency and had to go. Never saw or heard from him again.

I was getting ready for work. My neighbor beat on my door and made me turn the TV on. As long as I live I will never forget the feelings that came over me.

Can't say I have ever been that mad and angry in my life. Really wanted to go reinlist but they wouldn't take me because of my knee. :(

If I hadn't had full custody of my then 4 year old daughter I would have enlisted in a heartbeat. Have always regretted not doing so.

Today is my birthday.
That year it wasn't a pleasant bday. I remember it well and the flooded emotions around the city.
I remember just staring at a TV for hours and hours that day. For probably 8 years I cried on my birthday.
Not for sadness, but to remember and relive those emotions. Those who sacrifices, and all the family members who went to an average day of work and never came home.

I remember reading the paper for weeks and there was a two page obituary. The people who lost their lives, what they did, where they worked, etc.
It was numbing.

But the thing I remember the most is the extreme patriotism that flowed from every inch of this country.
You couldn't go 20 feet around Portland without seeing old glory.

WTF happened?!

I still have the paper flag that was in a newspaper box, and the front page of the paper.

It was truly one of the saddest and most horrific days in this countries history, but the story should be about the true heart of this country, the acts of love for each other and love for this country that took place in the days, weeks, and months after.

And people can't knock George Bush all they want. His true character came out after that day.
To me his speech and action after that terrorist act will forever be his legacy.

He stood up and said not to my people, and not to my country.

Respect.

Never forget.

IMG_7753.JPG IMG_7754.JPG IMG_7755.JPG IMG_7756.JPG IMG_7757.JPG IMG_7758.JPG IMG_7759.JPG IMG_7760.JPG IMG_7761.JPG IMG_7762.JPG

Today is my Birthday.
It was somber for many years.
Cried most of them.

Now it's a day I remember the true spirit of this country.
It's a day to remember those lost that day, and those lost fighting since.
It's a day to never forget.

i was 13 years old when this happened. i was getting ready for school when my mom burst thru the door and tells me to come see the TV. i watched the 2nd plane hit. i didnt know what to think.

Back in the day I used to run a 7 a.m. daily production meeting at the company I worked for. There was no meeting that morning. We all sat in the conference room glued to the TV and watched as both towers came down.

I read an article a few days ago that said that very shortly there will be more people who have died as a result of the various toxins they were exposed to that day, than the number of people we actually lost that day (2,974). Even 17 years after the fact we are still losing people as a direct result of that day.

I read an article a few days ago that said that very shortly there will be more people who have died as a result of the various toxins they were exposed to that day, than the number of people we actually lost that day (2,974). Even 17 years after the fact we are still losing people as a direct result of that day.

Saw that on the evening news last night. Tragic! :(

What's truly disgraceful is the swamp creature in DC took advantage of this event to install the "surveillance state" infrastructure upon all of us.... they pi$$ed all over the dead, wasted our warriors' sacrifices, and now have a knife in our backs. :mad:

What's truly disgraceful is the swamp creature in DC took advantage of this event to install the "surveillance state" infrastructure upon all of us.... they pi$$ed all over the dead, wasted our warriors' sacrifices, and now have a knife in our backs. :mad:
Truth, brother. Truth. :( How many of us cautioned that every door we let GWB open with the Orwellian-titled Patriot Act, the next Dem president would swiftly weaponize against us?

Like many people, I remember watching it unfold on tv.

At the time I lived about 17 mi west of Phoenix, AZ, under the glide path to Sky Harbor Airport. That night, once things were getting sorted-out, the fact that there were NO planes in the air was just eerie. There were some F16s frome Luke AFB circling, but even at night they're easily distinguishable from passenger planes.

On a side note, Luke was on the chopping block for decades. One of John McCain's "good" deeds was keeping it open.

Tom Burnett - his last call to his wife

(a long quiet pause)

Tom: We're waiting until we're over a rural area. We're going to take back the airplane.

Deena: No! Sit down, be still, be quiet, and don't draw attention to yourself! (The exact words taught to me by Delta Airlines Flight Attendant Training).

Tom: Deena! If they're going to crash this plane into the ground, we're going to have do something!

Deena: What about the authorities?

Tom: We can't wait for the authorities. I don't know what they could do anyway.

It's up to us. I think we can do it.

Deena: What do you want me to do?

Tom: Pray, Deena, just pray.

(after a long pause)

Deena: I love you.

Tom: Don't worry, we're going to do something...

Full transcript of Tom's calls
Mike Rowe: Nike Can Pick Whomever They Like For Their Ads, But I Would Put This 9/11 Hero On A Billboard

Todd Beamer
“Let's Roll”
The Todd Beamer Story "Let's Roll"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads