JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$650
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
City
Hillsboro
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Sell for $750 $700 $650 shipped, with without Outdoorsman stud adapter (price will be lower for local sale)

Kowa Genesis 8x33. Purchased new in August of 2021. In very good condition. I can't find any scratches in the glass using a bright light and magnifier.

I bought these compact binoculars for archery hunting, but never ended up using them for that.

There's nothing wrong with these. I'm impressed with the resolution and lack of chromatic aberration. Just decided to go back to a full-size binocular.

Includes the Outdoorsman universal stud for use on tripod.

IMG_20220818_142122.jpg IMG_20220818_142136.jpg IMG_20220818_142053.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I received my full size binoculars to replace these Kowa. They are 8x42 SLC. I spent well over an hour comparing the two with a resolution chart at various distances and outdoor lighting conditions. To my surprise the 33mm Kowa resolved the same lines as the 42mm Swarovski. As much as I tried, I couldn't see anything with the SLC that I couldn't with the Kowa. Control of false color is as good or better than the Swarovski, as well.

I've heard for years that the Kowa are just as good for these traits, but never really believed it until I compared the two myself. I'm not stating that the 33mm Kowa are the equivalent to the 42mm SLC in all ways, but if you simply want top notch resolution the Kowa has it in the centerfield. There are certainly some cons, and the fact that they are compact binoculars, but they are much less expensive than a Swarovski as well!

If anyone is in the Hillsboro area and seriously interested in these, I'd be happy to setup a tripod for you to try them out for yourself before buying.

I've received four offers for $650 shipped, but declined. I won't be going lower than $700 with the stud adapter. That is shipped to lower 48. Lower price for FTF local sale.

This Kowa is a very good sample. Really amazing optically for being so light and compact compared to a full size.

Last Edited:
$650 shipped and insured, without tripod adapter stud.

I paid $900 last year and thought my original asking price was pretty fair without taking a bath on this binocular, but I found out that new prices have come down. Someone at another forum sent me some links for credible vendors, so I am lowering the price to reflect the change in the market. My loss, your gain.

I'll just keep the Outdoorsman stud for future use.

PS - I have also owned the Swarovski CL 8x25 and the very last version of the upgraded Swarovski SLC 8x30 (called Neu). The Kowa are hands down better than either of those to my eyes.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top