JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$30
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
8mm
City
McMinnville
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I have a bunch of surplus 8mm Mauser ammo - 30 cents per round, $30 per hundred.

I'll be going to the Rickreall show on Saturday, if that helps anyone (I'm not a vendor).

It's Turkish, 1940s. Some Turkish 8mm is better than others, and this is good. I've shot a fair amount from this lot, including some over a chronograph. The velocity was what it should be, and there were no misfires, hangfires, or cracked cases. It is corrosive primed, of course, but it's good ammo for surplus.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Added photos. There are two different bullet types.

Also photos of some fired cases. I haven't had any misfires or hang-fires with this lot, no cracked cases and no signs of high pressure at all.

I looked up my notes, and the velocities that I recorded for these was 2850 to 2900 fps, out of a long-barrel Turkish Mauser, right what it should be for the 154gr round out of this barrel length.

IMG_3999[1].jpg IMG_3996[1].jpg IMG_3997[1].jpg IMG_3998[1].jpg

This is 1949 ammo if the headstamps for everything is the same. The stuff you need to be careful with is the 1947 Turkish. I've got some and you need to check every cartridge for loose bullets and case neck cracks. So far about 120 out of around 700 are in the reloading only pile.
Too bad you are so far away. I know someone who would like this! GLWS

I have to apologize; I somehow missed your post. Sorry for the slow reply.

Honestly I rarely get over your way, but I can let you know if I do in the near future, if you're not in a hurry.

Last Edited:
I still have some of this ammo left, probably the best deal available right now for surplus ammo.

I've shot more of this lately, and not a single misfire or cracked brass. All that I've shot of this lot has fired like new ammo.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.